The consequence thread (Brexit)

I don't think that a second referendum can be ruled out.

What might happen is that the new Tory PM will work out an exit deal with the EU and then this deal is then put to a referendum, with the choice of whether people want to accept the deal or remain in the EU.

I note the FTSE is back above 6200.

You mean the FTSE 100, have you looked at the 250 that a lot of people feel is more representative of the state of the UK economy?

You are awfully unaware of how the markets work for a trader. :huh:

FTSE down 1.9% at 6220 now, but the DOW is down 2.1% and DAX down 5.5%.

So the German stock market has taken a bigger hit.

The Brexit campaigners always argued that the EU was run by lobbyists protecting big business, at the expense of small businesses and jobs. Providing unnecessary barriers to entry.

Perhaps that's why the DAX is down so much more than the FTSE?

What might happen is that the new Tory PM will work out an exit deal with the EU and then this deal is then put to a referendum, with the choice of whether people want to accept the deal or remain in the EU.

Well it said on news that new Tory leader will be a Brexit person, so we've voted to leave why would they want to put another referendum to us. I am at a loss, we live in a democracy, yet people have seemed not to democratically accept the vote.

And all through this campaign Cameron has said he had brokered a special deal for the UK and the EU but, never once told people what it was.

The vote has come in to exit, we'll have to see how it plays out in the next few years, I notice Scotland have thrown dummy out & want another vote on independence.

Cameron called this referendum, now he is to fall on his sword & Osborne also; good riddance to the 2 smiling assassins.

You mean the FTSE 100, have you looked at the 250 that a lot of people feel is more representative of the state of the UK economy?

You are awfully unaware of how the markets work for a trader. :huh:

I am fully aware of the FTSE 250 and how the market works. You do come across as the sort of person who drops their choc-ice and is still crying about it a week later.

Thought you understood how the markets worked with your 100k set aside for the odd car that you want to buy and your vast trading experience.

Whats the all-share doing? Seen the YTD on long and short g's recently? Whats the sterling forex like at the moment?

You think it's all roses because the FTSE100 is above 6200 (a fall of 2.5%) and you don't even know what the rest of the markets are doing let alone understand why it's bad. :roll:

But then Cameron went to the EU with a set of reforms that the EU mainly rejected. Cameron then put the question to the UK electorate along with all the concessions the EU was prepared to make.

The UK is going to break with the EU, and I think a number of other countries will follow us out.

Thought you understood how the markets worked with your 100k set aside for the odd car that you want to buy and your vast trading experience.

Whats the all-share doing? Seen the YTD on long and short g's recently? Whats the sterling forex like at the moment?

You think it's all roses because the FTSE100 is above 6200 (a fall of 2.5%) and you don't even know what the rest of the markets are doing let alone understand why it's bad. :roll:

Whoosh, I have to say that went right over my head I'm glad someone like you understands the financial situation & market, that is not a dig it's just I don't, so don't get involved talking about it.:)

Oh dear you are a bad loser aren't you? It's always a good idea to have a bit set aside for someone else's rainy day. There could be the odd cheap Aston on the market in the next few days. :thumbsup:

Incidentally if you actually knew anything about the stock market, you would know the relative significance of the FTSE 100 and FTSE 250.

But seeing as how you clearly don't. The market capitalisation of the FTSE 100 companies is well over £2 trillion, compared to the capitalisation of the FTSE 250 of around £300 billion.

Edited by foxy lady