The consequence thread (Brexit)

Had you noticed this one?

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ournhs/richard-grimes/government-moves-to-consider-nhs-user-charges

See how exiting the EU is making the UK better for us all the rich.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 15:33 ----------

Dang, that was quick.

And the pound is up.

FTSE250 is still significantly down.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 15:40 ----------

I bought Krugerrands on the eve of the referendum. They too seem to have peaked. I may start to get rid of those.

$1260 to $1360 /ounce spot price.

Of course in £ it looks better because the £ dropped against the $.

£850 to £1040 at the moment. Some of that will be lost to margins of course. It looks like Kruggerands generally sell at about a 3% premium. Assuming there's no loss when you sell...

An 18% profit.

Not bad, if you chucked in 10k then you get back 11.8k, if you chucked in 100k then you need to start worrying about capital gains.

The brokers have been saying for a couple of days that Sterling is now undervalued. The RSI has dropped to 27, and Sterling rides between 80 and 30. I've no doubt that there is a rough ride but it may well be time to be looking again at the pound.

I bought Krugerrands on the eve of the referendum. They too seem to have peaked. I may start to get rid of those.

........not sure this is a good time to liquidate gold,this might be worth a listen!

https://soundcloud.com/talking-money-podcast/episode-15

$1260 to $1360 /ounce spot price.

Of course in £ it looks better because the £ dropped against the $.

£850 to £1040 at the moment. Some of that will be lost to margins of course. It looks like Kruggerands generally sell at about a 3% premium. Assuming there's no loss when you sell...

An 18% profit.

Not bad, if you chucked in 10k then you get back 11.8k, if you chucked in 100k then you need to start worrying about capital gains.

CGT isn't an issue. I bought 40 and gave one each to my daughters as gifts. I was going to sell half of the rest this week but the price has hardened again, but I will certainly shift them soon and hang on to the rest in these volatile times.

Markets rebounding well today, very pleased about it as it shows the markets believe that the single market/freedom of labour deal is now the most likely.

Yup.

Labour and the Libs are calling for an election. Can see why the Libs want one.....but Corbyn?? With the party in disarray? He's gone quite mad.

Yup.

Labour and the Libs are calling for an election. Can see why the Libs want one.....but Corbyn?? With the party in disarray? He's gone quite mad.

Its irrelevant what the Libs and Labour want. The next General Election will be held in May 2020 after the UK has left the EU.