The consequence thread (Brexit)

Another creep getting in on the brexit mania.

He announced this in February well before the EU referendum;

“To ease the pressure on the UK facility, we will open a new factory in Dusseldorf, Germany, which will supply most mainland Europe markets by the end of the 2015-16 financial year.”

http://m.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14246380.Lush_to_open_new_factory_to_cope_with_rising_demand/

.. and the Italians, already on the edge of a banking collapse, are worried about a drop in UK investment post Brext.

http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/mondo/2016-07-08/da-milano-chieti-ecco-province-piu-rischio-brexit-180257.shtml

(Google translated)

'Between management centers, financial services, but also telecommunications and chemical industry, the Milan is the Italian province most exposed to the consequences of Brexit. The most exposed because addressed lion's share of all British investments in our companies. The database, Bureau van Dijk estimated that the London capital under the Madonnina generate as much as 43% of all the revenues billed in Italy. If they add up the investments in Brianza (especially in wholesale) and those in the Bergamo area (for over a quarter related to textile machinery), it turns out that Lombardy alone benefits in practice than half of all the revenues obtained thanks the British investments in Italy.

In all, the British subsidiary in Italy to ensure our country an annual turnover of around 29 billion euro, just over 2,150. For Great Britain, our country is only the 20th destination for foreign direct investment, with € 12.3 billion in 2014. And yet conveyed to us London has a considerable specific weight: about 9,367 companies with foreign investment in our country ( Reprint source), those in the British capital are about 23%.'

Pidgin English, but you get the idea. Brexit affects EU economies too.

.. and the Italians, already on the edge of a banking collapse, are worried about a drop in UK investment post Brext.

http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/mondo/2016-07-08/da-milano-chieti-ecco-province-piu-rischio-brexit-180257.shtml

(Google translated)

'Between management centers, financial services, but also telecommunications and chemical industry, the Milan is the Italian province most exposed to the consequences of Brexit. The most exposed because addressed lion's share of all British investments in our companies. The database, Bureau van Dijk estimated that the London capital under the Madonnina generate as much as 43% of all the revenues billed in Italy. If they add up the investments in Brianza (especially in wholesale) and those in the Bergamo area (for over a quarter related to textile machinery), it turns out that Lombardy alone benefits in practice than half of all the revenues obtained thanks the British investments in Italy.

In all, the British subsidiary in Italy to ensure our country an annual turnover of around 29 billion euro, just over 2,150. For Great Britain, our country is only the 20th destination for foreign direct investment, with € 12.3 billion in 2014. And yet conveyed to us London has a considerable specific weight: about 9,367 companies with foreign investment in our country ( Reprint source), those in the British capital are about 23%.'

Pidgin English, but you get the idea. Brexit affects EU economies too.

It is slowly starting to dawn on Europeans that Juncker is a liability. Their economies need Britain as we are a major trading partner and import rather more than we export to them. The economic balance of trade is very much in their interests.

The Italian stock market fell like a brick following the referendum here and hasn't recovered. It is down almost 30% on the year.

Free trade works both ways and if Europe expects to freely export here they need to allow the UK to freely export to them.

It remains to be seen how negociating trade agreements progresses with the EU central burocracy, but I dare say that once a few of the PIGS have started heading back into recession their minds might become rather more fucused on the job. That is one reason that I'm happy that we voted to leave the EU and am in no rush to enact Article 50. We need to let the EU get into a frame of mind where they want our business rather more than they want us to go.

Edited by foxy lady

It remains to be seen how negotiating trade agreements progresses with the EU central bureaucracy, but I dare say that once a few of the PIGS have started heading back into recession their minds might become rather more focused on the job. That is one reason that I'm happy that we voted to leave the EU and am in no rush to enact Article 50. We need to let the EU get into a frame of mind where they want our business rather more than they want us to go.

We will all be heading into recession together :loopy:

We will all be heading into recession together :loopy:

That will be the choice of Juncker and his boys. Or he could simply decide to do the best for the EU member states, which is to open a door to free trade with the UK. The only problem is that folk in the EU can't vote him out.

The Italian stock market fell like a brick following the referendum here and hasn't recovered. It is down almost 30% on the year.

Free trade works both ways and if Europe expects to freely export here they need to allow the UK to freely export to them.

Ah, our resident trade expert. Tell me Foxy, what did the Borsa and all other stock indexes in Europe do today? It rallied? As soon as Leadsom dropped out of the race? And the FTSE250 and GBP rallied at the same time?

Sajid Javid should call you for one of these 'trading roles' he is recruiting for....

PS - good job selling those Krugerrands in time, depending on the currency you bought them in you either played even or made a small loss. Excellent advice that was.

Ah, our resident trade expert. Tell me Foxy, what did the Borsa and all other stock indexes in Europe do today? It rallied? As soon as Leadsom dropped out of the race? And the FTSE250 and GBP rallied at the same time?

Sajid Javid should call you for one of these 'trading roles' he is recruiting for....

PS - good job selling those Krugerrands in time, depending on the currency you bought them in you either played even or made a small loss. Excellent advice that was.

One does what one can. Would you like to buy a Krugerrand or two? I would have thought a know it all like you would have bought a dozen at least 2 weeks ago.

One does what one can. Would you like to buy a Krugerrand or two? I would have thought a know it all like you would have bought a dozen at least 2 weeks ago.

No, I don't and I didn't. The reason for that is the buy/sell price, the CGT and the broker-costs. I prefer my investments to work for the long term. Still, nice dodge, expert.