The consequence thread (Brexit)

Are you arguing that these are similar or that they're opposed?

In either case, are you sure that motto comparison is the best way to judge the long-term plans of supra-national governmental organisations?

Nope, not mottos. I added those for a bit of spice. I'm using the argument that you are plain wrong.

There are no actionable or current policy plans for a USE.

Again, are you familiar with the context with which 'ever closer union of the peoples' has been used?

Certainly not in a federalistic law making way.

Edited by Radan

The motto of the USA is (I won't attempt the Latin), Out of Many, One.

The EU motto is United In Diversity.

Think on that....

I prefer the one on the Royal Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom..

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Roughly translated as "Shame be to him who thinks evil of it." Which is a good way to describe the Remains current feelings.

Roughly translated as "Shame be to him who thinks evil of it." Which is a good way to describe the Remains current feelings.

Forgive me but I thought you did not want to be ruled by the Germans.

Such simian thinking explains your username.

You think we wanted to remain in the EU because we have evil feelings to the UK? That sounds a bit Britain First to me.

Perhaps that is your intention?

Edited by Radan

Forgive me but I thought you did not want to be ruled by the Germans.
Put aside the clearly non-Anglo-Saxon origin of the expression, given the context of the thread, the alleged origin of the expression is not without irony:

David Nash Ford observes that although

"Edward III may outwardly have professed the Order of the Garter to be a revival of the Round Table, it is probable that privately its formation was a move to gain support for his dubious claim to the French throne. The motto of the Order is a denunciation of those who think ill of some specific project, and not a mere pious invocation of evil upon evil-thinkers in general. 'Shame be to him who thinks ill of it' was probably directed against anyone who should oppose the King's design on the French Crown."

(source)

Delicious indeed :hihi:

Such simian thinking explains your username.

You think we wanted to remain in the EU because we have evil feelings to the UK? That sounds a bit Britain First to me.

No, just evil feeling and rhetoric toward those that voted stay which is very apparent from the many posts on this thread. People just dont want to accept that leave won.

Keep out of grown-up debate.

Once again you have to resort to trying to belittle people with different ideas to yours. I have lost count of how many arrogant insults you have thrown at people on SF recently on different threads. You seem very uptight and maybe when you grow up you will learn some civility as you seem totally devoid of any.

No, just evil feeling and rhetoric toward those that voted stay which is very apparent from the many posts on this thread. People just dont want to accept that leave won.

Once again you have to resort to trying to belittle people with different ideas to yours. I have lost count of how many arrogant insults you have thrown at people on SF recently on different threads. You seem very uptight and maybe when you grow up you will learn some civility as you seem totally devoid of any.

I changed that line already because I thought it too harsh (look at the time stamp other forumers). So it must have taken you quite a while to think up and type your tedious response!

Lmao.

I changed that line already because I thought it too harsh (look at the time stamp other forumers). So it must have taken you quite a while to think up and type your tedious response!

Lmao.

As already stated "Once again you have to resort to trying to belittle people with different ideas to yours."

As already stated "Once again you have to resort to trying to belittle people with different ideas to yours."

In your case, it is warranted.

I have plenty of civil conversations on here, but when people rely on blind ignorance, accuse me of making things up just because they don't know something for themselves, rely on misquotes to make a point, spread misinformation or display stunning naivety I give them short shrift.

I suggest you add me to your ignore list if you do not like my approach.

Edited by Radan