The consequence thread (Brexit)

As is the perceived simplicity of your example :)

I agree. I'm not really qualified to judge how much of an omnishambles the unilateral withdrawal approach would be.

I do like that word. I've made a note of it so that I can use it more often in conversation.

Does it?

:lol:

I was referring to your previous answer, but that's good to see and know, at least you are not totally incapable of seeing things from the other side, as I thought you were.

Although both sides conducted terrible campaigns, I do think as Cameron was actually our Prime Minister, and Osborne our actual Chancellor, they should have been a lot more careful.

Edited by Lex Luthor

I agree. I'm not really qualified to judge how much of an omnishambles the unilateral withdrawal approach would be.

I do like that word. I've made a note of it so that I can use it more often in conversation.

One of the best things to come out of the brain of BBC comedy writers in the past decade ;) (Just sad that everything they wrote is now playing out in front of us!)

One of the best things to come out of the brain of BBC comedy writers in the past decade ;) (Just sad that everything they wrote is now playing out in front of us!)

Yes. I was actually paraphrasing Steven Fry in Blackadder goes Forth when I commended the word. That's going back a bit further though.

I was referring to your previous answer,
My previous answer was on the topic of the TSC's current witch hunt on Carney, which your post first brought up. Carney, who is the only high-level appointee who (i) was prepared for Brexit, (ii) didn't run away after Brexit, and (iii) has done his damnedest to steady the markets and the Pound Sterling since.

And we haven't yet mentioned the fact that his pre-Brexit statement was entirely within the scope of his professional appointment and prerogative, however the TSC members may now try to misrepresent it as an 'abuse of position' because they can't get to him on his job performance.

Hey, people were dumb enough to swallow £350m a week for the NHS, how hard will it be to get them to swallow that Carney overstepped his mark? :roll:

Your studious silence about Carney since I took issue with your post mentioning him is plenty conspicuous enough. Should I take it as your retraction, in the same manner as the above about my posts? :lol:

I'm getting to the stage of actually hoping that he tells May and the TSC to do one, then flies back to Canada to become their next PM, leaving the BoE at the hands of the Tory hardliners and the UK spiralling at the bottom of the financial markets' toilet bowl. That'd be well-earned karma for you lot :twisted:

Edited by L00b

What I meant was:

If we were to revoke the 1972 treaty, the EU would have no treaty with us.

You are correct but repealing the whole act is unnecessary as we don't need to repeal it all only amend the bits that can be negotiated out in the Brexit discussions, and the government does not need parliaments approval to do that. That's why at the moment a lot of this discussion about it are a bit pointless. When A 50 is triggered the 1972 Act will still be in force and it will then be up this government and the EU to decide what bits stay or get removed. I would presume that a lot of the legal bits regarding EU law being enshrined in UK law will stay as removing them will be a legal nightmare for both the UK and the EU.

---------- Post added 13-07-2016 at 14:04 ----------

If we were at war time food rations!

But cheap food, generally junk food

Obesity could get worse :suspect:

It is well documented in the USA that it is cheap food (not junk food) that has mainly caused the problems of obesity as people consume more and its the same here. There are also plenty of obese people around that do not eat junk food, but then some peoples idea of junk food is not the same as others.