The consequence thread (Brexit)

It was neither; the context was our growth figures as predicted by the IMF compared to the other leading economies in the Eurozone. That's why I listed them in my post.

We should not forget that the Eurozone had a second massive recession which lasted 2 years. So not only were they in negative growth through 2008/2009 but also through 2011-2013. Indeed it was only in April 2016 that the Eurozone actually got back to their GDP level post 2008, (Something the UK managed 2 years earlier)so it must come as a shock that they might not achieve their expected levels of growth, and are predicted to grow more slowly than the UK.

Of course none of this needs to happen. The UK has merely voted to leave the EU. We have not decided that we don't want to trade with them. The EU could of course offer Britain a completely free trade deal and our trade with them would not be affected at all. It just boils down to the morons who run the EU. If they have it in their heads that they need to put obstacles in the way of trade it will hurt the EU member states rather more than it hurts the UK. If the governments of the EU countries tell them that they would prefer that their economies didn't take this hit then they need to be telling Juncker to get on his bike.

In the meantime the UK can be agreeing free trade deals outside the EU that can come into force once we are out of the EU. This is something the EU member states cannot do. It is something that in a few years will pay dividends to the UK economy.

Did I hear Australia? I think I'll have to start buying rather more of their wine.

Wait, so because I said it, it isn't to do with Brexit? How about this little helpful link.

That shows the global price of RAM in USD. You will notice it is on a downward trend, the fact that it jumped up by 20% has EVERYTHING to do with Brexit, unless of course you think that a Remain vote would have led to the same crash in the value of the GBP?

Who are you lying to? Yourself or others? And if you are, can you please stop it, it is pretty deluded.

Well here is a link with details to explain exactly why the price of RAM has jumped in price.. And yes it has nothing to do with Brexit but global trends.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/industry/1557-why-are-ram-prices-so-high

So maybe you can apologise again.. ;)

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 21:32 ----------

Per year, I am only an average guy with around £5k in shares, I have lost a few hundred already.

Has anyone benefited from exiting the EU?

A lot of people on SF pride themselves in the fact that they give more than that to charity each year so £50 is not really that much.

Did I hear Australia? I think I'll have to start buying rather more of their wine.

I once bought some Kangaroo cat food, I will give it another try if its a little cheaper.

What would you expect the difference in cost to be, inside EU and outside of the EU?

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 21:38 ----------

A lot of people on SF pride themselves in the fact that they give more than that to charity each year so £50 is not really that much.

That is a good idea, if I stop giving to charity I will be in profit :hihi:

I once bought some Kangaroo cat food, I will give it another try if its a little cheaper.

What would you expect the difference in cost to be, inside EU and outside of the EU?

chart of the pound against the australian dollar

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=AUD&view=1Y

but dont worry it's nothing to do with brexit

Well here is a link with details to explain exactly why the price of RAM has jumped in price.. And yes it has nothing to do with Brexit but global trends.

So maybe you can apologise again.. ;)

I think we will need to agree in the middle. The price of RAM has increased globally, but the effect of that price rise has been exacerbated by the lower value of the pound.

RAM has always been volatile; things like a factory being out of comission for a few weeks is enough to spike the price. It's true that the falling pound won't have helped, but don't underestimate the ability for suppliers to take advantage of that - I doubt you're seeing %increases in price that match the %fall of the pound. Nice round values such as 10 and 20% increases mean someone is making money out of it.

RAM has always been volatile; things like a factory being out of comission for a few weeks is enough to spike the price. It's true that the falling pound won't have helped, but don't underestimate the ability for suppliers to take advantage of that - I doubt you're seeing %increases in price that match the %fall of the pound. Nice round values such as 10 and 20% increases mean someone is making money out of it.

I can remember a big hike in prices when the factories were flooded some years ago. Both RAM and hard drive prices rocketed on the same day as the floods occurred which shows that traders were definitely making money on it.

And the government have admitted that there is a massive surge of low or non skilled persons entering this Country whilst we still remain and the Establishment are well aware of it or is this the final kick in the nuts they can give us for breaking their cartel up?

chart of the pound against the australian dollar

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=AUD&view=5Y

but dont worry it's nothing to do with brexit

Yes that's a nice chart. It says 3 years ago you could only get 1.44 Australian Dollars for your pound. Today you could get 1.74. So their wine will be considerably cheaper for us to buy 21% cheaper infact.

Have you. . . checked the date of that article? It's nearly two years old.

RAM that cost under £37 a month ago is nearer £41 today.

Now, unless there's been another flood in the Far East during the last month, which nobody told me about, and has again wiped out all those hard drive factories and RAM fabrication plants, then that's down to the falling pound. Which is due to Brexit.

http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/ct2c4g3s1339mceu