The consequence thread (Brexit)

And the government have admitted that there is a massive surge of low or non skilled persons entering this Country whilst we still remain and the Establishment are well aware of it or is this the final kick in the nuts they can give us for breaking their cartel up?

There's no guarantee that low or non skilled workers won't still be coming after leaving.

There's no guarantee that low or non skilled workers won't still be coming after leaving.

True, but the government will be directly answerable and accountable for it, no longer able to put it down to being in the EU and its free movement of people rule. The government will have to answer for why it is allowing the low skilled labour market to be deluged, thus causing wages and conditions to fall.

I once bought some Kangaroo cat food, I will give it another try if its a little cheaper.

What would you expect the difference in cost to be, inside EU and outside of the EU?

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 21:38 ----------

That is a good idea, if I stop giving to charity I will be in profit :hihi:

I don't know about cat food but we have eaten kangaroo steaks in Australian restaurants . Very nice.

True, but the government will be directly answerable and accountable for it, no longer able to put it down to being in the EU and its free movement of people rule. The government will have to answer for why it is allowing the low skilled labour market to be deluged, thus causing wages and conditions to fall.

Wages and conditions haven't fallen due to migration, they have fallen due to the crisis of 2008. But we can go over that terrain until we weigh an ounce.

As stated that is slight.

A few percent is slight. 10% isn't.

I suppose it also depends on where you shop as well, if people buy Dell or stuff from PC world then what do you expect. If you look around for parts you can still get a bargain as there is a lot of competition around.

Nope, all the retailers I normally check (ebuyer, scan, overclockers, dabs, amazon + many more) have reflected similar increases, all within days of the brexit result.

Unfortunately some component prices such as RAM have gone up by almost 20% but that has nothing to do with Brexit as tzijlstra was trying to make out.

The pound dropped as a result of brexit.

It seems that many on here who voted stay are eager to try and blame everything on Brexit when sometimes its just not the case.

Lol, and those that voted to leave seem to be bending over backwards to deny the obvious!

Wages and conditions haven't fallen due to migration, they have fallen due to the crisis of 2008. But we can go over that terrain until we weigh an ounce.

The problem of wage suppression for workers in the bottom half of the pay scale existed before 2008 and was caused by high levels of low skilled immigration. Immigration had a positive affect on wages higher up the pay scale making the wealthiest members of society wealthier and the poorest members of society poorer.

Both sides are desperate to be proved right, difference being the remainers seem to want the economy to crash just so they can say I told you so. Whereas the Brexiters want the economy to grow and be successful so we can say I told you so.

I think you are missing the point rather spectacularly, I don't want the economy to crash, it will cost me too much. What I want is some realism to be introduced into the discussion.

The problem of wage suppression for workers in the bottom half of the pay scale existed before 2008 and was caused by high levels of low skilled immigration. Immigration had a positive affect on wages higher up the pay scale making the wealthiest members of society wealthier and the poorest members of society poorer.

No it didn't, there is a direct correlation between real wage growth, which was positive upto 2008 and the crisis.

Immigrants of all shapes and sizes are coming into the UK, that affects the salaries of everyone from doctors to cockle pickers.

It keeps salaries low, keeping house prices are booming.