The consequence thread (Brexit)

I too was born in the UK and I started working and living in Europe as well as The UK before we joined and quickly discovered the benefits of being a member after we joined. I took full advantage of being a European and Europe has been good to me and my colleagues, many of whom are still working and living there. If you failed to take advantage of the opportunitys available in Europe then don't deprive us that did.

If you could do it before we joined you will be able to do it after we leave.

If you have something to offer that an EU country wants you will still be able to live and work there after we leave. Immigration between the EU and UK isn't going to stop, it will just be more selective.

If you could do it before we joined you will be able to do it after we leave.

If you have something to offer that an EU country wants you will still be able to live and work there after we leave. Immigration between the EU and UK isn't going to stop, it will just be more selective.

Which is how it should be.

I too was born in the UK and I started working and living in Europe as well as The UK before we joined and quickly discovered the benefits of being a member after we joined. I took full advantage of being a European and Europe has been good to me and my colleagues, many of whom are still working and living there. If you failed to take advantage of the opportunitys available in Europe then don't deprive us that did.

When I went on my gap year I took jobs in various countries all around the world. Mostly outside the EU. I'm struggling with this idea that we need to be in the EU in order to work or travel abroad.

Try going to a Thai restaurant and ask the waitress where she was born. I doubt it was anywhere in the EU. But your ski instructor in the Alps was very probably born in the UK.

When I went on my gap year I took jobs in various countries all around the world. Mostly outside the EU. I'm struggling with this idea that we need to be in the EU in order to work or travel abroad.

Try going to a Thai restaurant and ask the waitress where she was born. I doubt it was anywhere in the EU. But your ski instructor in the Alps was very probably born in the UK.

And you just told that ski-instructor his work isn't as valued as that of others. Good job!

Thank you.;)

You're welcome :love:

Good, so you agree that we are still in recession despite billions being spent, low interest rates and QE?

You tell me. You're the one who should be an economist ;)

You complain that the prices have risen, I point out that it means extra VAT revenue, and you yourself stated that you were only thinking of upgrading. By your logic you should now upgrade, pay the extra and be happy that you have helped the recession and helped the economy grow.

Another great idea from you! All that extra VAT that I pay will surely make up for the £billions that Vodafone, Google, Amazon, starbucks and Boots have dodged!

Except for one small thing. . . it's a business purchase. . . is it still subject to VAT ?

I know, but it does not worry me as I didn't want to be one anyway.

I think you misunderstand; I wrote it's a calling in that you'll become an economist one day, regardless of how much you resist.

BTW I am trying to think of anything I have bought since Brexit (which has not actually happened yet) that I have paid more for.. Nope, still cant think of anything!

One day . . . :)

Utter BS. I have skied in most European countries from Bulgaria to France and have never once met a British born ski instructor. The fact that you would think this shows you ignorance. Why would British born people go to the EU to be ski instructors when people born in the areas do the job so well. The UK can't compete as we don't have the ski resorts. Your comments are complete crap and show you know nothing.

Utter BS. I have skied in most European countries from Bulgaria to France and have never once met a British born ski instructor. The fact that you would think this shows you ignorance. Why would British born people go to the EU to be ski instructors when people born in the areas do the job so well. The UK can't compete as we don't have the ski resorts. Your comments are complete crap and show you know nothing.

:hihi: I assume you are joking.

The alps if full of British ski schools with British ski instructors, its even caused problems with local ski instructors that don't think the Brits should be allowed to teach on their ski slopes.

What makes you think immigration won't be more selective after we leave the EU?

Why would it be? Any access the the single market relies on the free movement of people from within the EU, unless as stated the EU caves on that, which looks unlikely.

Other migration was already controllable.

Edited by Magilla