The consequence thread (Brexit)

You're welcome :love:

You tell me. You're the one who should be an economist ;)

Another great idea from you! All that extra VAT that I pay will surely make up for the £billions that Vodafone, Google, Amazon, starbucks and Boots have dodged!

Except for one small thing. . . it's a business purchase. . . is it still subject to VAT ?

You tell me, its your business so you should already know.. But as far as I know unless you are a charity then you would pay VAT unless the items you buy are zero rated.

I think you misunderstand; I wrote it's a calling in that you'll become an economist one day, regardless of how much you resist.

One day . . . :)

Considering I am retired and have no intentions of working again I very much doubt it.

Edited by apelike

I'm not disregarding anything. Just pointing out that claiming the shortage of nurses is anything to do with Brexit when it goes back years, is nonsense.

I have no doubt there will be consequences of Brexit. I also have no doubt that there will be benefits. I usually find that commenting about things that have happened is rather a better idea than standing on a street corner wearing a sandwich board "The End Of The World Is Nigh".

You're joking right? Weren't Brexiters doing the very same thing? In fact the whole campaign for both sides was based on this kind of nonsense.

You're joking right? Weren't Brexiters doing the very same thing? In fact the whole campaign for both sides was based on this kind of nonsense.

Indeed.

Bojo promised our NHS £350 million a week until Our Nige' told us he didn't mean to say that.

And they also warned us the Turks were gonna invade.

:hihi: I assume you are joking.

The alps if full of British ski schools with British ski instructors, its even caused problems with local ski instructors that don't think the Brits should be allowed to teach on their ski slopes.

They are about but not everywhere.

Our little-un spent a week as the only English-speaking member in a group of German-speaking children some of whom translated for her because the instructor knew little English. This was at Hochoetz.

Character building

I would say it is staggeringly naive to claim your quality of life has been reduced due to immigration when it clearly hasn't.

If you want proof that you've lost it (i.e. your ability to discuss/argue coherently) then this is it.

This is the kind of discourse that I'd expect from 80-90 or so % of general population.

I didn't make a point of MY quality of life having been reduced due to immigration. I said that you claiming that nobody has been affected when overall standard of living has increased is staggering naïve.

That's what YOU claimed.

Nobody is adversely impacted by immigration when everybody's standard of living rises.

-

I think you need sleep Tim.

If you want proof that you've lost it (i.e. your ability to discuss/argue coherently) then this is it.

This is the kind of discourse that I'd expect from 80-90 or so % of general population.

I didn't make a point of MY quality of life having been reduced due to immigration. I said that you claiming that nobody has been affected when overall standard of living has increased is staggering naïve.

That's what YOU claimed.

I think you need sleep Tim.

Very cute Ash, now why don't you try and explain how people's quality of life has been reduced, beginning with you.

I hear too many people claiming this without evidence, why don't you decide to be the first. But be assured, I hope you sleep on it.

Indeed.

Bojo promised our NHS £350 million a week until Our Nige' told us he didn't mean to say that.

I can't remember seeing the wording on the bus, but I remember seeing it on the news.

Looking at this and this

You can interpret that wording as you want.

We send 350m to the EU every week

Let's fund NHS instead. Vote Leave.

Is that a promise of 350 million into the NHS? I think most people 'who voted based on that bus' probably had made their mind up already. We saw the kind of people who voted on things like that on the news, when the press looked for the most stupid people in the UK to express their opinions for entertainment purposes.

-

It was also argued at the time that at least half comes back, so not possible to spend the 350 entirely on anything, let alone the NHS.

I saw that several times on EVERY debate programme. So how was this 'lie' not addressed pre-vote? It clearly was.

-

Interesting I also heard all the remainers on the debate programmes claiming that the NHS would be finished if we vote out. Let's see how that pans out. So far, that is a lie.

[/b]

it was the Remainers who were predicting Armageddon . Ive seen no sign of it yet, unless i missed it.

it was the Remainers who were predicting Armageddon . Ive seen no sign of it yet, unless i missed it.

Ah..not so fast. The Brexiters were also warning of Armageddon, predicting certain collapse of the EU.

Get the point now?