The consequence thread (Brexit)

it seems to me a fairer system would be to pay benefits to unemployed or in work benefit in whatever country they end up in. Then bill the allowances to their parent Country

That would require all countries to have similar systems with similar benefit levels (which in turn would require similar standards and costs of living). It is probably the aim of the EU, but I can't see it happening.

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 17:58 ----------

I think he meant squid.

This whole process is going to involve a lot of ink and dealing with countless fearsome suckers.

:hihi:. :hihi:. :hihi:

Just heard another Labour MP whining, about Labour voter not voting how they were told. Surly the Labour MPs should have campaigned, how the Labour voters wanted.

Indeed.

This was a referendum not an election. Why should the voters be told what to do by anybody?

Informed;yes. Even Advised, but that's all

But therein lies the problem, politicians lie so much, nobody trusts anything they say.

Are you saying that if the Tories hadn't split so spectacularly, and if the Blairites were still in charge of Labour and advising us to stay in, we wouldn't have had any choice at all?

why would they suddenly need border controls? they didn't need them from about 1900 to the 1970's before the eu.

One country would be in the EU the other not, would it be an easy way in for those at the 'jungle' in Calais?

One country would be in the EU the other not, would it be an easy way in for those at the 'jungle' in Calais?

Not unless they had a catapult that could fire Nbongwe and co from calais to Slab Murphys farm.

Nigel and Boris masterminded a magnificent coup.

Boris talks about £350 zillion pounds to the EU which we can spend on the NHS if we leave, while Nigel says "Nothing to do wiv me, Gov"

Meanwhile, Nigel shows "immigrants" queueing up to come to Britain, but Boris can say "No, we're not racist, I like immigrants".

Meanwhile, their target audience are fed the bits that resonate with the audience's concerns.

As double acts go, they make Ant and Dec look like Margaret Thatcher and Arthur Scargill.

It's got a bit better for the UK though,they've swapped unelected leader in the EU for an unelected leader in the UK.:D

Indeed.

This was a referendum not an election. Why should the voters be told what to do by anybody?

Informed;yes. Even Advised, but that's all

But therein lies the problem, politicians lie so much, nobody trusts anything they say.

Are you saying that if the Tories hadn't split so spectacularly, and if the Blairites were still in charge of Labour and advising us to stay in, we wouldn't have had any choice at all?

i quite agree that they should not be telling their supports how to vote, however they should have campaigned in line with there core supporters, it was obvious Corbyn, was not really in the stay camp he should have been honest.

Edited by phil752

I've plenty set aside. Enough to buy an office in Frankfurt, equip it, pay off staff and move an entire company to somewhere less, shall we say parochial.

That's not being a bad loser, it's being sensible. The real losers are the people losing jobs and the rest of the UK.

As for my set aside - it was moved last night at a much better rate into Swiss francs. Which then jumped upwards. In terms of brexit I made about 20% return measured against the bottom today.

How have you ended with your trading Euros to Swiss Francs on the day