The consequence thread (Brexit)

Another indicator that Brexit has caused damage to our economy. Something the leave supporters will disregard I suspect.

Brexit causes dramatic drop in UK economy, data suggests

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36864273

The report is based on a surveyed of 650 businesses and there are over 3 million business in the UK.

Its more likely that scaremongering prior to and after the Brexit vote has caused a lack of confidence in some businesses.

Another indicator that Brexit has caused damage to our economy. Something the leave supporters will disregard I suspect.

Brexit causes dramatic drop in UK economy, data suggests

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36864273

It not about disregarding the report but actually reading and understanding its underlying messages.

Such as;

"It is possible that this is a "shock-induced nadir", as the chief economist at the firm who conducted the survey put it, and that the economy will right itself in the coming months. In addition, the financial markets have stabilised and in some areas rebounded, in an adjustment after the vote that was described by the IMF as severe but generally orderly."

And;

Samuel Tombs, chief UK economist at Pantheon Macroeconomics, said the figures provided the "first major evidence that the UK is entering a sharp downturn". Although he added that the "confidence shock from the Leave vote might wear off over the coming months".

And;

"Mr Lilico said he always expected a short-term reaction, and those who voted to leave, "expected a short-term slowdown too". The downturn, he added, was "associated with risks in the global economy," as well as Brexit."

I think anybody with any sense knew that a leave vote would cause short term economic problems, but not quit the doom and gloom predicted by the remain camp.

It not about disregarding the report but actually reading and understanding its underlying messages.

Such as;

"It is possible that this is a "shock-induced nadir", as the chief economist at the firm who conducted the survey put it, and that the economy will right itself in the coming months. In addition, the financial markets have stabilised and in some areas rebounded, in an adjustment after the vote that was described by the IMF as severe but generally orderly."

And;

Samuel Tombs, chief UK economist at Pantheon Macroeconomics, said the figures provided the "first major evidence that the UK is entering a sharp downturn". Although he added that the "confidence shock from the Leave vote might wear off over the coming months".

And;

"Mr Lilico said he always expected a short-term reaction, and those who voted to leave, "expected a short-term slowdown too". The downturn, he added, was "associated with risks in the global economy," as well as Brexit."

I think anybody with any sense knew that a leave vote would cause short term economic problems, but not quit the doom and gloom predicted by the remain camp.

well said:)

even better said:) tired of hearing about different sides arguing. it's done now so we should work together to make it work

So let me get this right - the eu phobes can spent 41 years whining about Europe but as soon as they get their way they expect everyone else to shut up?

Dream on.

Such as;

And;

And;

You see what you want to see.

...the financial markets have stabilised and in some areas rebounded...

How many? 1%, 10%, 50%? Without knowing how many you cant say this is a good result. It rebounded, but what did we lose? Do you know how much? Do you think? Mastercard bought Vocalink just yesterday and ARM was sold to Softbank. All weeks after the Brexit vote that sent our stock market into freefall. Coincidance? Nope.

...confidence shock from the Leave vote might wear off over the coming months".

It could also not, but going from an economy that was the fastest growing in the G8 and throwing that to the wind is not a wise move and we do not know how this will pan out.

those who voted to leave, "expected a short-term slowdown too". The downturn, he added, was "associated with risks in the global economy," as well as Brexit."

OK so it being expected by those who wanted to leave makes it OK for the rest of us and its in part to the world economy. Odd how it happened the day we voted to leave. Is that a coincidence? What proportion is due to the world economy, opposed to the self inflicted downturn? You don't know, so highlight this part as proof of anything is nothing more than conjecture. Why? Because you don't want to be wrong.

Yes- and, I think, Mrs May agrees too!

yes i was sceptical about her getting the job being in the remain camp but so far i have liked what i've heard from her. wether thats just to keep the out voters happy for now is another thing, it's the deal we get for leaving that will be the big thing

You see what you want to see.

You don't know, so highlight this part as proof of anything is nothing more than conjecture. Why? Because you don't want to be wrong.

But that is why I also stated: "I think anybody with any sense knew that a leave vote would cause short term economic problems" and so far that's all it has turned out to be.