The consequence thread (Brexit)

You make a decision in life and you stick by it and any consequences that come about due to that decision.

All the remainers have done on this thread is put down the leavers.

Well guess what? A democratic referendum vote was held and the brexiters won so let's respect that decision otherwise it makes a mockery of all the times we have bleated on about western democracy whilst imposing it on others.

Brexit means Brexit, no ifs no buts...........

And, what form is Brexit going to take Mafya? Which shape are you going to be happy with and are the others going to be just as happy?

Again it does not look encouraging following today's reports.

This Brexit result is beginning to show its ugly head and economy is heading downwards.

Let's stop kidding Brexiters- it's going to get bumpy and rough.

I'm sure some voters will by now have thought ' what the hell did I do'. Because there IS NO PLAN.

It's no weirder than the USA, Zimbabwe, India, Jamaica et al all deciding to be part of the British Empire again. And as such it's very weird.

Well, three of your four are quite content to be in the Commonwealth. And the USA decamped before there was a Commonwealth in which to be.

It is interesting that you substituted the word Commonwealth for the word Empire.

I'm pretty sure the folk of the UK are happy to be in a European Commonwealth. Less happy to be in a European Empire. Particularly a European Empire ruled by the Germans.

A report in the Express is quoting the ex Italian PM, who wrote Article 50 itself, as wanting the exit talks to be spun out as long as possible from the EU side in the hope a different party wins the GE in 2020 and can reverse the process before it's too late. He also says he doesn't ever want another EU nation to have a referendum in case the electorate votes to leave the EU.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/692065/Article-50-NEVER-to-be-used-Europe-Brexit-Italy-Prime-Minister

Well, three of your four are quite content to be in the Commonwealth. And the USA decamped before there was a Commonwealth in which to be.

All four chose independence from British rule. The Commonwealth is nothing like the old Empire. It doesn't involve military occupation for a start. And Ireland left in 1949 so is unlikely to rejoin the UK if it doesn't even want to be in the Commonwealth.

A report in the Express is quoting the ex Italian PM, who wrote Article 50 itself, as wanting the exit talks to be spun out as long as possible from the EU side in the hope a different party wins the GE in 2020 and can reverse the process before it's too late. He also says he doesn't ever want another EU nation to have a referendum in case the electorate votes to leave the EU.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/692065/Article-50-NEVER-to-be-used-Europe-Brexit-Italy-Prime-Minister

He sounds like a dictator.

Referendums every 10 years should be a condition of joining the club, so membership is for a 10 year period and renewal of membership only happens if a majority want it to be renewed. This would make the EU more accountable and more open to changing their policies to suit the will of the populations they are meant to serve.

where will you live in the meantime ?

My insurance covers the cost of putting a roof over the occupants' head while repairs are going on.

I think I will just read the small print on my insurance, I am glad you asked me that question, so thank you for that.

Edited by hauxwell

My insurance covers the cost of putting a roof over the occupants' head while repairs are going on.

I think I will just read the small print on my insurance, I am glad you asked me that question, so thank you for that.

Repairs? You originally said the house would be demolished and rebuilt. How much of the country's housing stock would this affect and who would pay for it?

Repairs? You originally said the house would be demolished and rebuilt. How much of the country's housing stock would this affect and who would pay for it?

Yes I did say demolished, fortunately I am insured for repair and if the house has to be demolished. I thought we were talking about one house getting flooded. Berberis did not say the country's housing stock.