The consequence thread (Brexit)

It very much depends on what you want out of a holiday. Its the accommodation and food that is expensive, I don't see what the government can do about that.

Mobile caravans and camping have been on the increase for many years but these aren't cheap. We had a static in a quiet area but were planning to buy a smaller mobile 'van. In the end it was more cost effective to buy a property abroad as this wouldn't depreciate like the cost of 'van. You can but a small studio or apartment for a family of four for about the same price as a new caravan where we are in Bulgaria.

I just bought a new van last month. We are now in our 3rd week in France after being in Portugal and Spain.

They aren't cheap but we calculated that in the last 18 months of ownership of our previous caravan with the amount of trips both home and abroad we would have spent in the region £7000 for hotels without the added bonus of all the kit we transport with us.

Euro is back to its pre Brexit state as is the FTSE 100 and 250.

I don't understand how you can get this so wrong while there are so many websites available you could have checked. But then again fact checking is not the strong point of the Leave supporter.

Pre Brexit € to £ : €1.31 to £1.

Currently (today) € to £ : €1.19 to £1.

Which is a 9.18% depreciation in value of the British Pound to the Euro.

Ref: http://imgur.com/a/5TB2R

The Dollar is much the same.

Pre Brexit $ to £ : $1.50 to £1.00

Current (today) $ to £ : $1.31 to £1.00

Thats a 12% depreciation in the value of the British Pound to the US Dollar.

Ref: http://imgur.com/a/kLnFo

The FTSE100 is doing very well, on the back of the fact a lot of the companies listed are not British. while the FTSE250 is currently at approx the same position it was Pre-Brexit.

Edited by Berberis

Euro is back to its pre Brexit state

Oh really, which euro have you been looking at then?

Europe! A place I love to visit but not want to be ruled by.

In what way were you "ruled"?

Edited by Magilla

Ah, poor little remainers. You got upset because you lost out in a democratic election and now because all your premonitions of doom and gloom are not coming true you have retrieved your teddies and thrown them out of the pram again.

It must be so difficult for you.

Anyway, can't stay need to reapply the sun tan lotion.

Ah, poor little remainers. You got upset because you lost out in a democratic election and now because all your premonitions of doom and gloom are not coming true you have retrieved your teddies and thrown them out of the pram again.

Shown to be wrong, so ignore reality and sling some insults.... what a surprise!

In what way were you "ruled" by the EU?

Edited by Magilla

What Euro exchange rate were you looking at?

I have no problem with a democratic result. What I have a problem with is my future being decided by a group of people who do not have the cognitive ability to research the information they are being fed. Who are so pigheaded they cannot accept when they are wrong and who have sided with bigots and racists in order to get their own way.

Intelligent reply to your post being pulled to pieces. I might be a pessimist (I am) but at least I am realistic.

The health of UK businesses listed in the FTSE 250 was at its best in Aug 2015 when their value in Londons stock market was £17,725 billion. The value of the FTSE on June 23rd, prior to the referendum was £17,333, a decline in value of over £300 billion.

Todays value of the FTSE 250 is £17,298 over £400 billion lower than its high point in 2015. The health of the UK economy is less good than it was in 2015, this is due to a combination of things, the negative effect of the referendum being one of them. The economy is booming, I think not.

Have I got my figures right ;)

The health of UK businesses listed in the FTSE 250 was at its best in Aug 2015 when their value in Londons stock market was £17,725 billion. The value of the FTSE on June 23rd, prior to the referendum was £17,333, a decline in value of over £300 billion.

Todays value of the FTSE 250 is £17,298 over £400 billion lower than its high point in 2015. The health of the UK economy is less good than it was in 2015, this is due to a combination of things, the negative effect of the referendum being one of them. The economy is booming, I think not.

Have I got my figures right ;)

It depends on which side of the fence you are looking at them from I suspect. One side, Yes, they are credible easily checked to be accurate. The other, which does not like to listen to experts (I hope they don't maintain this attitude the next time they see their GP) probably not, because, you know, someone told them it was wrong and they swallowed it. Hook, line, weight, rod and boat.