The consequence thread (Brexit)

The health of UK businesses listed in the FTSE 250 was at its best in Aug 2015 when their value in Londons stock market was £17,725 billion. The value of the FTSE on June 23rd, prior to the referendum was £17,333, a decline in value of over £300 billion.

Todays value of the FTSE 250 is £17,298 over £400 billion lower than its high point in 2015. The health of the UK economy is less good than it was in 2015, this is due to a combination of things, the negative effect of the referendum being one of them. The economy is booming, I think not.

Have I got my figures right ;)

It gets darker when you apply the international main currencies, dollars, euros, renminbi, yen... If the market had real faith in Brexit being good for the UK than it would have accelerated the value of the pound as well. It hasn't, despite the BoE trying to push it up. I am a bit surprised that the Pound hasn't dropped through the 1,30$ yet, when that happens it will slide to something like 1,22/1,24$ according to several analysts.

All that is happening now to the pound etc was well forecast by all 'BEFORE' the vote to come out of the eu. So what is happening now is and was expected.

Plus when the exit is sorted the consensus of opinion is we will be alot better off.

Plus when the exit is sorted the consensus of opinion is we will be alot better off.

Of whom? A consensus would mean its the general opinion but I have not see many make this claim and certainly not any of the big players.

IMF - "Brexit will permanently lower UK incomes"

World Bank - [brexit vote would cause] “severe” damage to the world economy.

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 12:29 ----------

All that is happening now to the pound etc was well forecast by all 'BEFORE' the vote to come out of the eu.

Yes by the Remain campaign, who the likes of Gove openly attacked by stated people are fed up with experts. The Leave campaign only ever said there might be a slight downturn.

Remain said there will be and the world warned the UK we would suffer if we leave and the likes of Boris attacked those who made these claims.

What Euro exchange rate were you looking at?

Probably this one..

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 13:00 ----------

Pre Brexit € to £ : €1.31 to £1.

Currently (today) € to £ : €1.91 to £1.

Maybe some new research is needed.

This is good news, if we get this and there is no reason we shouldn't and the continued trade we will be better off.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/694239/Juncker-allows-Switzerland-curb-immigrant-influx-shock-EU-move-boosting-Brexit-hopes

If that comes off and we can remain part of the single market and allow us free travel in the EU, I see that the majority of people on both sides of the debate will be happy.

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 13:06 ----------

Maybe some new research is needed.

Thats a typo that if you had clicked on the graphs you would have seen. It is now fixed.

If your only recourse is to highlight a typo and not the facts, the inmates have realy taken over the asylum!

Edited by Berberis

If that comes off and we can remain part of the single market and allow us free travel in the EU, I see that the majority of people on both sides of the debate will be happy.

I voted to leave but, if the above materialisers i would be well satisfied but i am not sure the people who dont want to be ruled by the eu will be?