The consequence thread (Brexit)

I voted to leave but, if the above materialisers i would be well satisfied but i am not sure the people who dont want to be ruled by the eu will be?

According to the article you linked:-

"Any deal must be based on an existing clause in the bilateral accords that allow curbs on free movement only amid severe economic disruptions and if both sides agree."

So the only way it will materialise is if we're not better off.

I voted to leave but, if the above materialisers i would be well satisfied but i am not sure the people who dont want to be ruled by the eu will be?

As the result was so close, a proportion of the Leave supports would accept such a deal, leaving only the harder line leave voters who would be a minority. They keep banging on about democracy, this would be democracy, our Elected Parliament interpreting the vote to leave the EU but remain in the Single Market.

I just bought a new van last month. We are now in our 3rd week in France after being in Portugal and Spain.

They aren't cheap but we calculated that in the last 18 months of ownership of our previous caravan with the amount of trips both home and abroad we would have spent in the region £7000 for hotels without the added bonus of all the kit we transport with us.

Not everyone wants to do that much driving on holiday, do any cooking or be cooped up in a small space though. I used to drive between 150-300 miles per day for work so do not want long travel times on holiday. I could not think of anything worse. I'm not even keen on being cooped up on long haul flights :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see how brexit affects holiday prices and hence peoples choices. We pay our bills in Euros and Bulgarian Lev so no major problem as yet.