The consequence thread (Brexit)

Can you provide detail as I doubt that to be correct?

I can assure you it is correct.

Exactly the same card was being sold on Scan in June for £695.76 which was also reviewed by Hexus with the same price on the 17th June before brexit mania took place.

Hexus prices on reviews are updated to reflect the current price.

You'll have to ask Hexus to confirm that, but I can assure you it is the case.

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 17:22 ----------

That really should read "PC component prices *are* going up regardless of brexit," just as they have always done.

They've gone up as a direct result of the drop in the value of the pound as a result of brexit. They haven't gone up "as they have always done" because in general, they tend to go down over time if you compare like for like.

So far food, clothing, and other normal everyday items that consumers buy have not gone up.

Yet!

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 17:23 ----------

Do not waste your time attempting to show Brexiters the negative effects of the post-referendum's falling £ on imported computer components.

Quite, it's pretty amusing watching the clutching at straws tho....

Edited by Magilla

I can assure you it is correct.

Hexus prices on reviews are updated to reflect the current price.

You'll have to ask Hexus to confirm that, but I can assure you it is the case.

My apologies as I did not mean to post that and thought I had deleted it as I had already realised that Hexus updates the prices on a daily basis. However after some research I did find that the price of the card did increase quite a lot also because of stock availability so its a combination of the two factors and not just brexit.

Edited by apelike

Fine thanks :) I though you had escaped as Berberis said "the inmates have realy taken over the asylum!"

I'm on day release today. Normal service will resume tomorrow ;)

That really should read "PC component prices *are* going up regardless of brexit," just as they have always done.

But they don't always increase, do they?

In fact, component prices almost always go down, thanks to competition, technology improvements and higher yields.

I treated meself to a 250GB SSD earlier this year; it cost me less than £75. How much that have cost me even a few years ago?

The only time I can recall such a sudden increase as we've experienced post-referendum is that flood in the Far East we discussed earlier that wiped out all the hard drive manufacturing plants in one go.

I know that Our Nige' promised us a political earthquake; looks like he's given us a financial one too.

My apologies as I did not mean to post that and thought I had deleted it as I had already realised that Hexus updates the prices on a daily basis. However after some research I did find that the price of the card did increase quite a lot also because of stock availability so its a combination of the two factors and not just brexit.

No worries. Yes, availability was low, though that seems to have been sorted out now.

However, the initial price I stated was when availability was abysmal.

The price increase I'm talking about happened on the weekend of Brexit and has remained largely static as a result in the devaluation of the pound (due to Brexit).

life must be so stressful as a remainer.

It'll be worse for Northern Brexiters very soon.

Doncaster voted 2 to 1 in favour of Brexit.

Are you aware that Donny is a net beneficiary of EU funding, in that it receives more than it gives?

Once we leave the EU, do you Our Nige' and BoJo the Clown are gonna go out of their way to ensure Donny is protected from further public service cuts ?