The consequence thread (Brexit)

It'll be worse for Northern Brexiters very soon.

Doncaster voted 2 to 1 in favour of Brexit.

Are you aware that Donny is a net beneficiary of EU funding, in that it receives more than it gives?

Once we leave the EU, do you Our Nige' and BoJo the Clown are gonna go out of their way to ensure Donny is protected from further public service cuts ?

You mean it gets some of it's own money back?

You mean it gets some of it's own money back?

Donny currently gets back more than it puts in.

What's gonna happen when that stops?

Will a Southern-biased Tory government make up the difference or not?

We don't know what will happen when the funding stops. But isn't that the point?

No-one knows what may or may not happen. Seems rather pointless trying to predict what will happen if/when we hit the Article 50 button.

I imagine Doncaster will go the way of Rotherham that is in dire need of funding.

Well if they didn't, you know what you could do....its a novel idea but hear me out...............you could campaign to get a Labour government to fund it?

This is how things use to work you know!

We don't know what will happen when the funding stops. But isn't that the point?

No-one knows what may or may not happen. Seems rather pointless trying to predict what will happen if/when we hit the Article 50 button.

I imagine Doncaster will go the way of Rotherham that is in dire need of funding.

Why do Brexiters constantly use this "We don't know what will happen so let's wait and see" excuse all the time?

I cannot understand this mentality at all.

If you didn't know what was gonna happen after Brexit, then you didn't do enough research beforehand, in which case you should've voted Remain to leave things as they are.

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 20:40 ----------

Well if they didn't, you know what you could do....its a novel idea but hear me out...............you could campaign to get a Labour government to fund it?

This is how things use to work you know!

Yeah, that worked so well with New Labour, didn't it?

Why do Brexiters constantly use this "We don't know what will happen so let's wait and see" excuse all the time?

If you didn't know what was gonna happen after Brexit, then you didn't do enough research beforehand, in which case you should've voted Remain to leave things as they are.

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 20:40 ----------

Yeah, that worked so well with New Labour, didn't it?

It's far from an excuse....it's just simple logic.

Do you know what is going to happen tomorrow? If so, can I have the winning lottery numbers or who will win the premier league next season so I can get an early bet on please.

Remain can do all the research, this doesn't necessarily mean how things will pan out.

Also, please don't assume I voted 'Leave' purely because I'm using the logic that no-one knows the future.

How can you research some thing that has never happened before?

How can you research some thing that has never happened before?

The markets don't like uncertainty.

Everybody knows that, even me, and I'm the type of proletariat who is happy for those who practice usury to be stoned to death and their ill-gotten gains be distributed to the poor (I think it's somewhere in the bible).

Even the Brexiters were predicting some economic problems, or a "temporary economic adjustment" as one moronically-stupid Brexiter put it, in the same way they would probably describe an earthquake as a "temporary geological adjustment".

Before the referendum, the economy was either still in- or was just coming out of- a deep recession that had meant savage cuts in public services and austerity.

Why on earth would anybody want to risk making the economy even worse at such a delicate stage?

Do Brexiters enjoy paying higher taxes and receiving less public services ?

It's sheer lunacy :huh:

Everybody knows that, even me, and I'm the type of proletariat who is happy for those who practice usury to be stoned to death and their ill-gotten gains be distributed to the poor (I think it's somewhere in the bible).

Even the Brexiters were predicting some economic problems, or a "temporary economic adjustment" as one moronically-stupid Brexiter put it, in the same way they would probably describe an earthquake as a "temporary geological adjustment".

Before the referendum, the economy was either still in- or was just coming out of- a deep recession that had meant savage cuts in public services and austerity.

Why on earth would anybody want to risk making the economy even worse at such a delicate stage?

What you are saying is people where predicting what might happen, you cannot research some thing that has never happened before, like you say Brexters should have done,

The truth is the majority of voters wanted out of the eu, what happened's when we come out or when the A50 is triggered nobody and i mean nobody knows whats going to happen in the eu or in the uk.

If only everybody had your intellect, knowledge and foresight.

You should really be an advisor to Theresa May