The consequence thread (Brexit)

If only everybody had your intellect, knowledge and foresight.

You should really be an advisor to Theresa May

No, it just meant that the uneducated out numbered the ones with reasoned intellect.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-news-pensions-deficit-eu-referendum-bhs-tata-steel-a7156491.html

A classic case of you get what you deserve.

We don't know what will happen when the funding stops. But isn't that the point?

No-one knows what may or may not happen. Seems rather pointless trying to predict what will happen if/when we hit the Article 50 button.

I imagine Doncaster will go the way of Rotherham that is in dire need of funding.

Pointless trying to predict what will happen?

I'd like to know as it happens.. call me old fashioned but I don't relish a rollercoaster ride into the unknown.

What you are saying is people where predicting what might happen, you cannot research some thing that has never happened before, like you say Brexters should have done,

The truth is the majority of voters wanted out of the eu, what happened's when we come out or when the A50 is triggered nobody and i mean nobody knows whats going to happen in the eu or in the uk.

What you are saying is that you don't know what's gonna happen, so you risk ruining our fragile economy anyway.

And what have I seen so far? Computer component prices rising by 10%, within days of the vote.

That £17,000 backup solution I had requested in my IT budget is now nearer £19,000.

Do you think I'm gonna absorb that cost and say hey ho, that's democracy in action?

As a tight-fisted Yorkshireman, I think not.

And if others do the same, then what?

Nobody spends money and the economy grinds to a halt.

I ask you again kidley, you don't know what's gonna happen either, so why risk it?

If only everybody had your intellect, knowledge and foresight.

You should really be an advisor to Theresa May

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it :)

Unfortunately, there's only room for one clown in her ministerial cabinet, and she picked him as the Foreign Secretary.

No dismissal on my behalf, it is a good thing for the UK. A bit of cynicism though.

A) This is an exporting company, a low pound is good news.

B) This is a company that most likely has donated considerable sums to the Conservative Party. First they played ball with Cameron, then they played ball with May.

C) Universities are shedding staff, good staff, good brains. Moving in now to secure that staff in their most convenient space *the UK* is a smart thing to do.

But despite that cynicism, I think overall it is good news for the UK and shows a confidence in the outcome of Brexit in the long term.

No, it just meant that the uneducated out numbered the ones with reasoned intellect.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-news-pensions-deficit-eu-referendum-bhs-tata-steel-a7156491.html

A classic case of you get what you deserve.

Oops. They didn't think that through did they.

Or maybe it was a selfless sacrifice of their pension income.

No dismissal on my behalf, it is a good thing for the UK. A bit of cynicism though.

A) This is an exporting company, a low pound is good news.

B) This is a company that most likely has donated considerable sums to the Conservative Party. First they played ball with Cameron, then they played ball with May.

C) Universities are shedding staff, good staff, good brains. Moving in now to secure that staff in their most convenient space *the UK* is a smart thing to do.

But despite that cynicism, I think overall it is good news for the UK and shows a confidence in the outcome of Brexit in the long term.

Finally, it's nice to see a positive comment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be negative outcomes but I'd also like people to see some positive too (especially since it all seems to be bad news stories in the media currently - Not just Brexit related)

Finally, it's nice to see a positive comment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be negative outcomes but I'd also like people to see some positive too (especially since it all seems to be bad news stories in the media currently - Not just Brexit related)

Let's be realistic though, all you can read into this is that some companies see opportunities in this, others see risks. In my view, the opportunity seeking corporations see a benefit in a weaker pound and a more malleable government in global terms.

This is bad news for employees in this country, which means a lot of people (I don't know what you do, but I am one of them) are going to see a drop in standard of living, on top of the 2008 crisis, it is a readjustment that benefits the big corporations. Let's be honest, is that what the majority of Brexit voters wanted?

life must be so stressful as a remainer.

They'll all disappear when things don't all go wrong.

Same as always in here. I remember the last elections, all the doom and gloomers who predicted violence on the streets, end of the NHS, end of the world, just disappeared after, and pop back in when there is a slight scuffle in the streets and moan that the BBC don't report it enough.

They'll all disappear when things don't all go wrong.

. . .

That's a good thing, isn't it?

It means we've got nothing to complain about.

Unlike Maggie Thatcher's flying monkeys, who always have to spit venom at the less fortunate in order to keep the hate flowing.