The consequence thread (Brexit)

It seems some are calling for the return of the old style blue passports= http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36952010

Blue is my favourite colour anyway......:)

All I think is that the same "some people" need to get a life.

Who really gives a toss what colour a passport book is. A book that for the majority is waved at an air check in clerk and a customs officer once or twice a year at most and chucked in a drawer the rest of the time.

With biometrics, increasing use of automatic passport control terminals and fingerprinting at port locations how long before people wont carry a passport at all. Give it time, your index finger will be your passport, driving licence, door key and credit card.

Has nobody seen Back to the Future II? Come on, do we really care what colour a cover of a passport is.

If we really are so obsessive that the colour of the book represents some form of national pride we really need to take a look at ourselves.

Right I get it now. Your company CTS Environmental Services having a net worth of £37.3k, setup in 2009, is so much bigger and knows so much more than Powerday PLC with a net worth of £45.9 million which has been running for over 35 years :roll:

I also made made no mention of hazardous waste, so I don't know where you got that from. I mentioned paper and plastic in regards to a massive recycling company in London. Not hazardous waste.

You'd think they would have learned something in that time,

http://www.letsrecycle.com/news/latest-news/powerday-to-pay-1-2m-after-ea-prosecution/

You'd think they would have learned something in that time,

http://www.letsrecycle.com/news/latest-news/powerday-to-pay-1-2m-after-ea-prosecution/

How does this have any bearing on their knowledge of the recycling market in and around London?

---------- Post added 03-08-2016 at 16:32 ----------

Oh dear, you don't get it do you. Your comparison is like trying to compare a ferry with a small luxury yacht. You jumped to conclusions based on the only waste company you know. If you were so knowledgeable you wouldn't have made yourself look a fool with your comments.

The thread is about Brexit. If you were so knowledgeable you wouldn't need to be told we are discussing EU waste shipment regulations. China isn't in the EU so it doesn't apply to waste shipments there.

If you have any sensible questions about the waste industry I am happy to answer them. We are a business to business waste removal and consultancy company but not a general waste skip company.

I haven't made myself to look a fool. You seem to think your tiny business that was set up in 2009 with your wife, in sheffield from your house, knows more than a multi million £ recycling management company that has been established for over 35 years. You have delusion of grandeur :loopy:

Anyway, I refuse to get personal as this seems to be going. So i'm going to leave it at that.

Edited by Berberis

I'll leave that to your expert knowledge, or lack of.

I have never claimed to be an expert. I only re-stated what I have been told from people in the industry.

So you can't answer the question. What makes you an expert to be able to judge my level of knowledge or are you just Chez2 wingman?

Edited by Berberis

I have never claimed to be an expert. I only re-stated what I have been told from people in the industry.

So you can't answer the question. What makes you an expert to be able to judge my level of knowledge or are you just Chez2 wingman?

Your level of knowledge aint looking too good, doesn't need an expert for that.

The FTSE 250, the best guide to the health of British companies, is now above its level pre-referendum.

Although it should be 1/2% above that level, to be ahead of its level of 2015; so the FTSE is growing but the value of British companies is still lower than in 2015.

The FTSE 250, the best guide to the health of British companies, is now above its level pre-referendum.

Although it should be 1/2% above that level, to be ahead of its level of 2015; so the FTSE is growing but the value of British companies is still lower than in 2015.

Still waiting for the sky to fall in. :roll: