The consequence thread (Brexit)

[/b]

My bold

How many times were we the public asked when some trade deal was agreed via the EU?

Even British business's that have zero dealings with the EU, still have to adhere to EU rules on how they operate their business.

Even British business's that have zero dealings with the EU, still have to adhere to EU rules on how they operate their business.

Yes Alan.

A lot of the rules are complete common sense and most of them were driven through by the UK or supported by the UK.

If the EU didn't have directives on them we'd have implemented them anyway. Because they are common sense and compatible with work and life in any advanced western economy.

What do you want instead? We often hear about how we can manufacture here instead. Do you want us to manufacture a load of substandard crap that we don't actually want? Do you want to play russian roulette with your food?

I'm struggling with your vision of what the UK will be.

[/b]

My bold

How many times were we the public asked when some trade deal was agreed via the EU?

The public were never given the opportunity to accept any of the EU led trade agreements and what about the TTP deal being done behind closed doors?

The remainers lost, get over it and quit whining and deal with it.....

We were never asked because it was not a treaty change and therefore it didn't happen.

Afraid of losing already? :hihi:

We often hear about how we can manufacture here instead. Do you want us to manufacture a load of substandard crap that we don't actually want? Do you want to play russian roulette with your food?

What makes you say that things manufactured here will be "a load of substandard crap we don't actually want"??

Talk about doing Britain down.

Look, nobody is going to ignore the result.

The result wasnt legally binding tho.

The father of a man murdered by loyalist paramilitaries has launched a legal challenge to Brexit. His legal team claim it would be unlawful to begin the formal process of the UK leaving the EU without a parliamentary vote.

They also claim it could undermine the UK's treaty obligations under the 1998 Good Friday Agreement and the peace process.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37051175

The result wasnt legally binding tho.

The father of a man murdered by loyalist paramilitaries has launched a legal challenge to Brexit. His legal team claim it would be unlawful to begin the formal process of the UK leaving the EU without a parliamentary vote.

They also claim it could undermine the UK's treaty obligations under the 1998 Good Friday Agreement and the peace process.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37051175

All those, mainly Labour mp's, should realise that more people voted to leave the EU in the referendum than voted for the entire parliamentary labour party in the GE, and if they want to blow a raspberry to that they risk being wiped out.

What makes you say that things manufactured here will be "a load of substandard crap we don't actually want"??

Talk about doing Britain down.

Because Alan you want to remove the solid EU regulation that ensures we have decent standards. Any company that wants to sell here has to adhere to the standards.

You might argue that Japan or Korea don't have to adhere to them but they do if they want to sell here. And their consumers want the same standards (or better) too.

So what are these EU standards that are holding us back? What do you want that is different to what consumers want in every advanced economy?

I'm not talking Britain down. I'm talking it up because we, believe it or not, have been instrumental in driving up standards across the whole EU.

You are talking Britian down, not me. You want a Britain that is worse.

---------- Post added 12-08-2016 at 01:21 ----------

Wow! Just been woken up by the sound of remainers whining. :)

I care about people like you monkey ;). I don't want you to lose your job or your home or your pension or your savings.

And you could lose any of them but quite possibly you are too blinkered to see it.

Edited by I1L2T3

Wow! Just been woken up by the sound of remainers whining. :)

The main whiners are those brexiters that don't like being reminded of the mistake they made in voting to leave. Obviously they feel embarrassed by their decision and just hope they can keep a low profile by not being reminded.

However, it is only right that they should be reminded on a regular basis, in the hope that they'll know to think things through in future if they are ever again entrusted with an important decision.

The "Reminders" out there are providing an important public service.