The consequence thread (Brexit)

Sorry if I've misunderstood what you've put but I didn't notice a reason given in your post as to why these companies were not in Dublin or Paris in the first place rather than in Britain.

Because the UK was the best place for them to operate in for lots or reasons: language, talent, research, a relatively lightly regulated economy but still in the EU, infrastructure, free movement etc.... Now it won't be the best place and some of them will leave because of that.

Because the UK was the best place for them to operate in for lots or reasons: language, talent, research, a relatively lightly regulated economy but still in the EU, infrastructure, free movement etc.... Now it won't be the best place and some of them will leave because of that.

Thought the attraction of the EU to remainers was that it was highly regulated (Make sure nothing goes wrong like) make your minds up. :D

I read the headline this morning and I was surprised. It's always a good thing though.

I'm waiting to find out the immigration/emigration figures. Things don't develop as quickly as some predicted, which is definitely an advantage.

I can`t imagine most of those who want to limit immigration from the EU ever deal with plumbers.......

I`ve never liked dealing with tradesmen, and plumbers are the worst. Most of them do a crap job and/or overcharge you, but the most annoying thing is none of them ever seem that bothered about actually getting the job. My latest is I`m trying to get a plumber to sort out a shower room in one of the flats over my shop. I`ve had three round so far and not one of them has even bothered to get back to me with a quote.

What has this got to do with Brexit and immigration I hear you ask ?

Well, judging by the crap service us customers get there`s obviously a severe shortage of tradesmen generally and plumbers in particular. We need some more of those famous Polish plumbers over here, and the more the soddin` better..... The way us customers get treated will only get worse if Brexit actually takes place, you mark my words.

Edited by Justin Smith

We need some more of those famous Polish plumbers over here, and the more the soddin` better..... The way us customers get treated will only get worse if Brexit actually takes place, you mark my words.

And that is the type of thought that made people vote leave. Believing in some rumour, that a person will do a better/worse job based on where they were born.

That could be a thread all on its own, but I fear it would be deleted because of fears about racism.

And that is the type of thought that made people vote leave. Believing in some rumour, that a person will do a better/worse job based on where they were born.

That could be a thread all on its own, but I fear it would be deleted because of fears about racism.

That's not what he said. He said that a shortage of plumbers removed their incentive to provide a high quality service, and that importing extra plumbers would fix that.

He did not say that Polish plumbers are inherently superior.