The consequence thread (Brexit)

How about ' it'll be reight'.

The negativity coming from this thread is amazing. It's like you don't want the UK to be successful outside the eu.

There are so many armchair economists on here projecting and expounding their theories that we are well and truly screwed when in fact there are just as many good news stories out there as there are bad.

We all have homes, cars, food,clothing and all the trappings that go with being a rich prosperous country.

Do you really think this is all going to disappear just because we are leaving the eu?

---------- Post added 21-08-2016 at 12:08 ----------

So, what tangible benefits have you noticed since the Brexit vote ?

Well, seeing as we have not left yet, er.......none.

I may have lost a few quid on the exchange rate when I went away, but hey, I still had a great holiday, am healthy, got a few quid in the bank and a positive outlook.

The word "consequences" is usually used in a negative way. The thread could have been titled "the post referendum thread" or something like that. That would have been truly neutral.

Because there will be negative consequences and there already have been. What we have seen so far since the result is a masterclass in calming the markets and kicking the can down the road. But still it's already cost us £150bn in QE measures. Sterling has tanked.

Wake up.

Because there will be negative consequences and there already have been. What we have seen so far since the result is a masterclass in calming the markets and kicking the can down the road. But still it's already cost us £150bn in QE measures. Sterling has tanked.

Wake up.

I think that I've said this before....worst case scenario, we drop a few notches in the worlds "rich list".....big deal! are we going to be a third world country or something?....no!

I don't get this scramble to fight be the economically best of the best. Does the educational, health and even moral standards of the richest countries reflect this....in general no.

Is it you or Joker that keeps banging on about computer componants now costing 10% more?? boo hoo! says a lot really about how people want so much and want it cheap without thinking about the human cost.

Fair comment. But also have you noticed that since we voted out, we hear next to nothing of what's going on in the EU. Have all the migrants stopped coming? Have the riots in Greece suddenly stopped? We never hear much about it now do we.....?

Can you clarify what you mean by this please?

30 people were killed in a suicide bomb in Turkey yesterday. Got very little media coverage. But Tom Daley not making the diving finals got plenty!

I think that I've said this before....worst case scenario, we drop a few notches in the worlds "rich list".....big deal! are we going to be a third world country or something?....no!

I don't get this scramble to fight be the economically best of the best. Does the educational, health and even moral standards of the richest countries reflect this....in general no.

Is it you or Joker that keeps banging on about computer componants now costing 10% more?? boo hoo! says a lot really about how people want so much and want it cheap without thinking about the human cost.

But the humans involved will be no better off...components are dearer 'cos of the state of the pound,not because their wages have increased

But the humans involved will be no better off...components are dearer 'cos of the state of the pound,not because their wages have increased

In general people want everything and they want it cheap, and its because its made in countries where people's cheap labour is exploited.

In general people want everything and they want it cheap, and its because its made in countries where people's cheap labour is exploited.

So,for you then,a weak pound isgood for "exploited" workers?Even though they'll be no better off because of it?

Can you clarify what you mean by this please?

30 people were killed in a suicide bomb in Turkey yesterday. Got very little media coverage. But Tom Daley not making the diving finals got plenty!

In the run up to the vote we were bombarded with media coverage of all that was going wrong in the EU: refugees turning up in their thousands, rioting in Greece, bank bailouts, the intransigence of the commisioners, and so on. Very little that would encourage us to want to stay in Europe. Since the vote, not a peep about what's going on.

Of course remainers are worried, they've forgotten why a lot of folk voted out in the first place. If we saw again images of the circus that is the EU, we would be a lot more inclined to be glad to be out.

In the run up to the vote we were bombarded with media coverage of all that was going wrong in the EU: refugees turning up in their thousands, rioting in Greece, bank bailouts, the intransigence of the commisioners, and so on. Very little that would encourage us to want to stay in Europe. Since the vote, not a peep about what's going on.

Of course remainers are worried, they've forgotten why a lot of folk voted out in the first place. If we saw again images of the circus that is the EU, we would be a lot more inclined to be glad to be out.

I thought Brexiters were convinced the media was biased for Remain, particularly the BBC!? So why would they show all negative stuff before the vote? And why not show it now? Keep reminding us how lucky we are to have escaped? Makes no sense at all Anna B, sorry.

I think what's actually happened is you haven't appreciated there's an Olympics on and not much else is getting much coverage.