The consequence thread (Brexit)

He must be bonkers or in fact is a lunatic.... (a play on his words)

Why would she need to call a general election to approve it especially as we now have fixed term parliaments? Its the Government that will implement it and May is only its leader.

Sounds like Mr Smith is desperate for votes but wants to commit political suicide at the same time.

So if the terms negotiated end up being extremely detrimental to the UK, you would still advocate going ahead?

So if the terms negotiated end up being extremely detrimental to the UK, you would still advocate going ahead?

Whatever the terms, whether or not it is in our interests to leave would is a matter of opinion. And the people have spoken.

I can't believe we're still talking about this.

It's over.

Whatever the terms, whether or not it is in our interests to leave would is a matter of opinion. And the people have spoken.

There's no good reason why they can't speak again when more concrete facts come to light... is there?

It's over.

It won't be over for a very long time yet, probably at least a decade.

It's over.

So if the deal negotiated is we are in the EEA, paying almost as much as we do now (but without a say on the rules) and still having to accept free movement of EU nationals - i.e. still in the EU for all practical purposes, you wouldn't want the opportunity to reject that deal?

There's no good reason why they can't speak again when more concrete facts come to light... is there?

Well, if you're a leave voter then you'd obviously much rather that there wasn't a second chance, because now that all the lies have been exposed the result could well be different.

I expect stay voters would probably feel the same (although i said all along that stay should be the default position because you can check every 5 years whether you want to leave, but once you've left you can't get back in).

Well, if you're a leave voter then you'd obviously much rather that there wasn't a second chance, because now that all the lies have been exposed the result could well be different.

I expect stay voters would probably feel the same (although i said all along that stay should be the default position because you can check every 5 years whether you want to leave, but once you've left you can't get back in).

This is completely untrue. You can reenter at any time and leaving is extremely difficult.

EEA membership is not something I support but it is also untrue to say you pay "almost as much" and have "no say". You pay less and have less say.

The lies by the remain side dwarf any by the main leave side. Where's my recession for a start?

You lost. Get over it.

Edited by unbeliever

This is completely untrue. You can reenter at any time and leaving is extremely difficult.

EEA membership is not something I support but it is also untrue to say you pay "almost as much" and have "no say". You pay less and have less say.

The lies by the remain side dwarf any by the main leave side. Where's my recession for a start?

You lost. Get over it.

If you genuinely think the UK can come back into the EU with a similar deal to what it currently has, it would have to be a fully signed up member.

That was not the prediction. There was supposed to be a prompt recession triggered by a loss of confidence.

It's beer-o'clock. Where's the recession?

The economy has responded better than expected by me and many renowned economists. But, and this is a big Kim Kardashian sized but, there are a lot of figures still to come out for this year and of course, there hasn't been any clarity on what is going to come of it all.

If the GBP is headed for a permanent low value, as it is now, than we will be hit by inflation in the Q3/Q4 figures and if the GBP does not recover value despite that inflation than the country is definitely headed for a recession. Delayed, but a recession.

That was not the prediction. There was supposed to be a prompt recession triggered by a loss of confidence.

It's beer-o'clock. Where's the recession?

No-one believes article 50 will happen, so it's postponed.

Imagine it's like jumping out of a plane with no parachute, you're fine while descending.. it's when you abruptly stop that the problems begin ;)