The consequence thread (Brexit)

I'm well aware of the legal status of referenda under uk law. The political reality is what matters. We voted you lost. There will be much lawyering and posturing. That's normal. It's still over. Get used to it.

So what sort of deal are you looking for? And what will you do if we don't get it?

So what sort of deal are you looking for? And what will you do if we don't get it?

As little by way of trade barriers as possible whilst removing all jurisdiction of EU institutions over the UK.

If nothing better than WTO preferred parter status is offered, that'll do.

I'm well aware of the legal status of referenda under uk law. The political reality is what matters. We voted you lost. There will be much lawyering and posturing. That's normal. It's still over. Get used to it.

I don't think it is right to goad people like that. If we Brexit then it isn't just a vote that people have lost is it.

Like I said it's very far from over. At the very least if we do Brexit then many people are going to be fighting against the ultra neoliberal vision that the likes of Liam Fox have.

There is a long, long way to go and a lot to discuss.

I don't think it is right to goad people like that. If we Brexit then it isn't just a vote that people have lost is it.

Like I said it's very far from over. At the very least if we do Brexit then many people are going to be fighting against the ultra neoliberal vision that the likes of Liam Fox have.

There is a long, long way to go and a lot to discuss.

There's is a lot to discuss. But we're leaving the EU. That's off the table.

There's is a lot to discuss. But we're leaving the EU. That's off the table.

At the moment. But article 50 is not getting invoked for one year or maybe even more. The process is almost totally stalled.

Things can change. People have had their protest and they probably feel better. I don't think they are going to much like the reality when it arrives.

If there is an overwhelming groundswell for another referendum then it would be hard to resist democratically. Democracy is not about one decision then shutting down all debate about it and denying the chance to revisit the decision.

At the moment. But article 50 is not getting invoked for one year or maybe even more. The process is almost totally stalled.

Things can change. People have had their protest and they probably feel better. I don't think they are going to much like the reality when it arrives.

If there is an overwhelming groundswell for another referendum then it would be hard to resist democratically. Democracy is not about one decision then shutting down all debate about it and denying the chance to revisit the decision.

Democracy cannot be a matter a making us vote repeatedly on the same issue until they get the answer they want.

The pro-remain state campaigned with taxpayers' money, refused to publish plans for Brecit before the vote and controlled the timing to maximise their chances. They still lost. They don't get s do-over.

Democracy cannot be a matter a making us vote repeatedly on the same issue until they get the answer they want.

The pro-remain state campaigned with taxpayers' money, refused to publish plans for Brecit before the vote and controlled the timing to maximise their chances. They still lost. They don't get s do-over.

It's OK ,don't worry...if there is another referendum you won't be forced to take part. :D

It's OK ,don't worry...if there is another referendum you won't be forced to take part. :D

I always vote. I might do so on my way out of the country. Canada I think.

These young people won't vote though.

What you want to do is wait for the EU to drag us into recession. Then claim that Brecit caused it. Maybe then you can con enough people into voting remain.

What's your limit?

How many referenda do you want on this matter?

I always vote. I might do so on my way out of the country. Canada I think.

These young people won't vote though.

What you want to do is wait for the EU to drag us into recession. Then claim that Brecit caused it. Maybe then you can con enough people into voting remain.

What's your limit?

How many referenda do you want on this matter?

I think your sense of humour has exited :)