The consequence thread (Brexit)

Pork prices have gone up that much supermarkets are almost giving it away.

https://groceries.asda.com/shelf/pork/pork-joints/910000976683/1/so-false

So you are ignoring the analysis from the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board in favour of a supermarket rollback offer.

Who needs experts eh? It seems you've had enough of them.

So you are ignoring the analysis from the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board in favour of a supermarket rollback offer.

Who needs experts eh? It seems you've had enough of them.

I can see the supermarket offer, but you carry on and believe what you are told to.

And your favourite the EU seems to have some rollbacks on.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-16/the-other-grease-crisis-pig-fat-glut-battering-european-farmers

I can see the supermarket offer, but you carry on and believe what you are told to.

And your favourite the EU seems to have some rollbacks on.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-16/the-other-grease-crisis-pig-fat-glut-battering-european-farmers

I don't need to be told. I know we are heading for a world of poop if we Brexit. Soon enough you'll come to realise it as well.

Oh dear, you seem to be scraping the barrel to try and make a point.

Quotes from the above:

"Price comparison website mysupermarket.co.uk, which compares all major UK stores, found the price of a shop rose by one per cent in July."

"But higher food prices are not unprecedented."

It's only just getting started. Bacon has been impacted already as you already know:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/26/brexit-pushes-up-price-of-bacon/

Quote from above:

"All this means we might be paying a higher price for a bacon sandwich for the foreseeable future."

But no sign of that actually happening yet.

Imports of bacon are hit by the double whammy of prices also rising in the Eurozone along with the weakened pound pushing up prices of imports.

http://pork.ahdb.org.uk/prices-stats/published-reports/uk-pig-meat-market-update/

Quote from above:

August 2016

UK PRICES

"GB pig prices continued to increase in June, at a slightly stronger rate than the previous month. The monthly average EU-spec APP was 4.89p up on May, at 124.35p/kg. While this was still 12.53p behind the same point a year earlier, this gap is decreasing. The market has now recorded three months of consecutive price increases

Just remind me again when the referendum took place..

Edited by apelike

Quotes from the above:

"Price comparison website mysupermarket.co.uk, which compares all major UK stores, found the price of a shop rose by one per cent in July."

Quote from above:

"All this means we might be paying a higher price for a bacon sandwich for the foreseeable future."

Quote from above:

August 2016

UK PRICES

"GB pig prices continued to increase in June, at a slightly stronger rate than the previous month. The monthly average EU-spec APP was 4.89p up on May, at 124.35p/kg. While this was still 12.53p behind the same point a year earlier, this gap is decreasing. The market has now recorded three months of consecutive price increases

It's perfectly clear. Food prices are going to head north and it has already started to happen. Food retailers won't be able to absorb the increased import costs of all lines forever. It will be a long slow burner. Wait and see.

The cost to us as a country so far has already been significant and reflected by the extreme measures the BoE has already had to take.

Quotes from the above:

Quote from above:

Quote from above:

August 2016

UK PRICES

I don`t much care about the price of bacon, all I know is most of my suppliers will be putting up their prices next week by between 5 and 10%, so my business will obviously be following suit, probably tomorrow in fact.

Edited by Justin Smith

I don't need to be told. I know we are heading for a world of poop if we Brexit. Soon enough you'll come to realise it as well.

Well start swimming, if it is poop keep your mouth shut, the country has voted lol

Quotes from the above:

Quote from above:

Quote from above:

August 2016

UK PRICES

Why are you just talking about food prices. Surely inflation is a more relevant attribute to be referring to. The cost of living is going to rise without doubt if we Brexit. It is already forecast that inflation will accelerate to above 3% which effectively wipes out the last two years worth of pay rises. We are all going to be worse off.

Your understanding on this is as wrong as your understanding on referenda as in flawed.

Why are you just talking about food prices. Surely inflation is a more relevant attribute to be referring to.

Because I was replying to the post by mafya which was about the British bacon price rise ;) and so far there is no sign of a big increase in inflation.

The cost of living is going to rise without doubt if we Brexit. It is already forecast that inflation will accelerate to above 3% which effectively wipes out the last two years worth of pay rises. We are all going to be worse off.

I have already pointed out that most predictions including the one about inflation rising to over 3% and oil prices rising have not yet happened despite the brexit vote. That was all predicted to happen by now but has not.

Your understanding on this is as wrong as your understanding on referenda as in flawed.

Anyone can speculate on what may happen in the future but that does not mean they will be correct, just like the polls that suggested we would remain. So far most major prediction have failed and the only one pointed out is by Joker who may have to pay 10% more for his computer components. The only advice I can give is to keep polishing that crystal ball!

Edited by apelike

Because I was replying to the post by mafya which was about the British bacon price rise ;) and so far there is no sign of a big increase in inflation.

I have already pointed out that most predictions including the one about inflation rising to over 3% and oil prices rising have not yet happened despite the brexit vote. That was all predicted to happen by now but has not.

Anyone can speculate on what may happen in the future but that does not mean they will be correct, just like the polls that suggested we would remain. So far most major prediction have failed and the only one pointed out is by Joker who may have to pay 10% more for his computer components. The only advice I can give is to keep polishing that crystal ball!

I`m talking from direct experience here, not what I think might happen or have read about. Two of my biggest suppliers both put their prices up quiet significantly (5 to 10%) on the 1st of September. Thus I`ve just put most of my prices up by the same margin.

Is the fact two suppliers both put their prices up 10 weeks after the vote (when things should be looking slightly less uncertain) just co-incidence ? Or are a load of other businesses going to do the same thing ? This paragraph is just supposition (unlike the first) obviously.