The consequence thread (Brexit)

Deserve? The referendum was to stop Conservative in-fighting. What right do they have to do anything? They only have one MP.

They can re-write their manifesto and let the electorate decide how much part they play.

They have already said they will not spend £350m a week on the NHS.

Leave won this referendum because of vast numbers of traditional Labour voters, who don't normally turn up to vote Labour, turned up to ignore Labour's advice and vote to leave an EU that they don't like for various reasons.

The opt-repeated assertion that this is about the internals of the Conservative party is inconsistent with the data. Although I imagine you'll carry on saying it anyway.

Leave won this referendum because of vast numbers of traditional Labour voters, who don't normally turn up to vote Labour, turned up to ignore Labour's advice and vote to leave an EU that they don't like for various reasons.

The opt-repeated assertion that this is about the internals of the Conservative party is inconsistent with the data. Although I imagine you'll carry on saying it anyway.

Sorry, that's not what I'm driving at. There was a referendum because of Conservative in-fighting demanding it. Nothing to do with UKIP.

Personally, I think Jeremy Corbyn lost the referendum.

What does a 16-17yr old kid know about voting in or out of the EU ?

Behave yourself

nor do the millions of idiots that voted leave, were they given solid financial details on what we earn, what we give and how much debt?

Nope, just a random figure on the side of a bus that Nigel Farage now admits was a mistake.

Thing is we'll all be dying in 10 - 25 years whatever, our kids have their whole adult lives to live with the consequences.

What does a 16-17yr old kid know about voting in or out of the EU ?

Behave yourself

Probably more than a number of my older work colleagues who voted leave to "stop all those illegal immigrants from coming here". :)

nor do the millions of idiots that voted leave, were they given solid financial details on what we earn, what we give and how much debt?

Nope, just a random figure on the side of a bus that Nigel Farage now admits was a mistake.

Thing is we'll all be dying in 10 - 25 years whatever, our kids have their whole adult lives to live with the consequences.

I saw on Twitter (that's something us young folk use btw OPEN BORDERS) that statistically 950 leave voters have already died since the polls closed.

Sorry, that's not what I'm driving at. There was a referendum because of Conservative in-fighting demanding it. Nothing to do with UKIP.

Personally, I think Jeremy Corbyn lost the referendum.

The Conservative in-fighting was caused by the fact that many Conservative MPs objected forcefully, as a matter of principle, to the UK being gradually absorbed into a super-state without the people being consulted.

I see plenty of room for disagreement on whether we should be leaving the EU. I see no room for reasonable disagreement on the point that this referendum was long overdue.

Leave or remain, the "in-fighting" was always going to end with the referendum. The people may have the moral right to choose to transfer sovereignty to the EU, but the UK government does not.

But seemingly you didn't work out farage was nowt to do with that.

well people who voted the PM in have also voted out of the EU.

Cameron jumps ship away from the people who voted him in.Well he`s not worth staying in is he?

Other MP`s stating that the british public are wrong.

How dare they?

The public are always right in these situations.

I for one don`t trust what we have voted for!!

I think the do gooders(MP`S) will bring rules in that still allows Immigration into the UK regardless of what the public want!!

The true fact of this referendum was Immigration based hence areas with most immigration had the biggest percentage votes to leave.ie Boston/Rotherham etc etc

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! and well said.

Let's hope that in a few years none of us need any Human Rights and/or Workers Rights, because if the Tories remain in power there will be none.

The saving grace could be that non-elected prime ministers seldom do well

Lets hope that is the case, because we need some balance back in this place now.

The Conservative in-fighting was caused by the fact that many Conservative MPs objected forcefully, as a matter of principle, to the UK being gradually absorbed into a super-state without the people being consulted.

I see plenty of room for disagreement on whether we should be leaving the EU. I see no room for reasonable disagreement on the point that this referendum was long overdue.

Leave or remain, the "in-fighting" was always going to end with the referendum. The people may have the moral right to choose to transfer sovereignty to the EU, but the UK government does not.

Yes, in-fighting caused the referendum, not UKIP. So why do you feel UKIP should play any part in Brexit dealings? That's what asked.

...........Oh c'mon, all life's a journey into the unknown,at least for people with something about themselves!..........you can give yourself much more than the "EU" if only you knew it!

I prefer to plan my future and now I can't plan anything as we can expect years of uncertainty. Any big financial decisions I make now risk everything I've spent the last 20+ years working for as we haven't got a clue what the future holds. I want to move home which always has a level or risk but now all my calculations on affordability are useless as nobody can make any sensible predictions on the next few years.

Edited by Cynic