The consequence thread (Brexit)

Problem is precisely the opposite to the 'suggestion' has happened.

Instead of having more money for the NHS in the post-Brexit world, we are being told we are going to have less....

Not going to be forgotten. A few years down the line people could be pretty mad about it, including some of those who voted for Brexit.

I would be one of them.

In or out the future of the NHS, remaining in the form we would all wish to see it in, does not fill me with confidence.

As for pounds and ounces can we please not go back to Fred Flintstone units.

it would support the IT industry since pretty much every bit of software which used weights, distances etc would need to be rewritten.

We could even go back to the old pound, shillings and pence days.

I would be one of them.

In or out the future of the NHS, remaining in the form we would all wish to see it in, does not fill me with confidence.

That's a fair point. A lot of the privatisation drive has been mandated by the EU.

Wouldn't it have been nice if the bus instead had a slogan on like 'we could stop the creeping privatisation of the NHS'. Like something that meant something to people was informative about the impact of the EU on the NHS, rather than a lie conflated with a suggestion that would never come true.

Please no. I was really hoping we'd get km on the road signs before too long.

The imperial system is just so silly and random. I suspect that the Roman who thought up the system from which it is derived was very drunk.

That's a fair point. A lot of the privatisation drive has been mandated by the EU.

Wouldn't it have been nice if the bus instead had a slogan on like 'we could stop the creeping privatisation of the NHS'. Like something that meant something to people was informative about the impact of the EU on the NHS, rather than a lie conflated with a suggestion that would never come true.

The bolded bit - nonsense and I'd like to see some substance to that claim. It is one of those typical draconic 'UK blames EU' statements. Universal Healthcare Systems are commonplace throughout the EU, they might be funded differently, but in practice there is little difference.

The bolded bit - nonsense and I'd like to see some substance to that claim. It is one of those typical draconic 'UK blames EU' statements. Universal Healthcare Systems are commonplace throughout the EU, they might be funded differently, but in practice there is little difference.

I needed treatment in Romania for what looked like Lyme disease.

Turned up, they heard I was English and that was it. Apart from having to talk to the doctor in German it was indistinguishable from the NHS.

I paid just as much as I would in the UK as well.

Look at the recent EU directive on public procurement