The consequence thread (Brexit)

If the count was not based on Parliamentary constituency ground's then why contact your MP?

---------- Post added 02-10-2016 at 02:06 ----------

Its a pity that Scotland didn't get their independence before the EU vote as the vote in the referendum without them would have be an overwhelming Leave vote.

Scotland voted on the referendum and were a major part of the democratic process.

Their vote had a huge impact on the decision regardless if it benefited the overall remain campaign.

You and they have to live with the result.

If the count was not based on Parliamentary constituency ground's then why contact your MP?

Shhh, you can't question remainers in here :hihi: If the vote had gone the other way, and a brexiter written Litotes post, they would get 30 pages of abuse and lols.

Its a pity that Scotland didn't get their independence before the EU vote as the vote in the referendum without them would have be an overwhelming Leave vote.

If they had left, which was also close in itself, the EU vote could have looked a bit more in favour of Brexit, but I don't see it as a pity. Even with them, 17 million voted out, which was enough. It simply didn't make any different to the outcome.

Scotland voted on the referendum and were a major part of the democratic process.

Their vote had a huge impact on the decision regardless if it benefited the overall remain campaign.

You and they have to live with the result.

bold, see above

For me, both referendums have highlighted that all the Labour and Tory slogans that proclaim things like 'Better Britian', 'for britain, your britain', 'We're all one' 'all in it together', are a waste of time.

There are clear groups with the UK, and no amount of main parties political bull**** will change that.

The way the maps looks, basically if we're going to group areas, then London and Scotland and most likely Liverpool wanted in, and the rest wanted out. Main parties are losing people and that's why people vote for that Scottish woman, and UKIP.

I always say if you want to see what UK will look like in 10-20years, then look at USA now. This Trump Clinton debacle is things to come here, mark my words. (but probably sooner than 10 years the way things are going! :gag: )

Shhh, you can't question remainers in here :hihi: If the vote had gone the other way, and a brexiter written Litotes post, they would get 30 pages of abuse and lols.

If they had left, which was also close in itself, the EU vote could have looked a bit more in favour of Brexit, but I don't see it as a pity. Even with them, 17 million voted out, which was enough. It simply didn't make any different to the outcome.

bold, see above

For me, both referendums have highlighted that all the Labour and Tory slogans that proclaim things like 'Better Britian', 'for britain, your britain', 'We're all one' 'all in it together', are a waste of time.

There are clear groups with the UK, and no amount of main parties political bull**** will change that.

The way the maps looks, basically if we're going to group areas, then London and Scotland and most likely Liverpool wanted in, and the rest wanted out. Main parties are losing people and that's why people vote for that Scottish woman, and UKIP.

I always say if you want to see what UK will look like in 10-20years, then look at USA now. This Trump Clinton debacle is things to come here, mark my words. (but probably sooner than 10 years the way things are going! :gag: )

Trump/Clinton Debacle?

Its democracy.

Trump/Clinton Debacle?

Its democracy.

if that's the case then it seems the usa has abandoned democracy, not that the election of president is particularly democratic,

---------- Post added 02-10-2016 at 08:47 ----------

Do you think if it was repeated tomorrow, the result would swing the other way?

possibly, who knows............

Good news. Article 50 will be triggered before the end of March 2017.

good or not, it's hardly news, since pretty much everyone expected it to be done by then.

and, of course, there is no guarantee that it will be done then, 2132 may be be new 2017....

good or not, it's hardly news, since pretty much everyone expected it to be done by then.

and, of course, there is no guarantee that it will be done then, 2132 may be be new 2017....

I am pretty sure that Theresa May understands that unless we are out of the EU before the next general election the Tories will haemorrhage votes to UKIP. UKIP are the only party that look like they could pose a threat to an outright Tory majority at the next general election and only then if we aren't out of the EU or have made too many compromises (e.g. on free movement)... I don't think she will let it happen.

Trump/Clinton Debacle?

Its democracy.

You might think that but it's not truly in the spirit of democracy. Two of the pillars of democracy are irrevocably corrupted in the Trump/Clinton circus:

1. The concept of the protection of rights of all citizens. Trump deliberately flouts this

2. The application equally of the rule of law to all citizens. Well, Clinton seems to think she's rather above all that

Both are disgusting creatures really. I feel sorry for the US electorate having to make a choice between them.

We saw elements of the same processes in our own democratically-deficient referendum in June.

---------- Post added 02-10-2016 at 10:16 ----------

Good news. Article 50 will be triggered before the end of March 2017.

It's good news if you have nothing to lose. Either if you're rich or living week to week on tax credits with shaky employment.

For the rest of us with steady lives, homes and careers it is likely to be bad news.

You might think that but it's not truly in the spirit of democracy. Two of the pillars of democracy are irrevocably corrupted in the Trump/Clinton circus:

1. The concept of the protection of rights of all citizens. Trump deliberately flouts this

2. The application equally of the rule of law to all citizens. Well, Clinton seems to think she's rather above all that

Both are disgusting creatures really. I feel sorry for the US electorate having to make a choice between them.

We saw elements of the same processes in our own democratically-deficient referendum in June.

---------- Post added 02-10-2016 at 10:16 ----------

It's good news if you have nothing to lose. Either if you're rich or living week to week on tax credits with shaky employment.

For the rest of us with steady lives, homes and careers it is likely to be bad news.

I have a steady life, home and career but then I also have a positive outlook.