The consequence thread (Brexit)

Can't say I give two figs what a visitor to these shores thinks either, just another one knocking the country that gives them a living.
Don't you? So why on earth did you address me, with quoting my post? :confused:

I'm not knocking the country, btw: just Leavers with poor arguments or logic. That means you.

The UK does not give me a living, either.

And your xenophobia is showing :hihi:

For a change of this magnitude it's highly relevant what they were voting for.

They weren't just voting for Brexit not matter what it was. They were asked a simple advisory question.

This is going to get very important as we move forward. Brexiters are going to have to stop being so dismissive of the concerns people have.

Make up your mind !

First you said the reasons why the UK voted to leave the EU is relevant and now you say it is highly relevant what we voted for. Of course it is relevant what we voted for and that was to leave the EU.

It is irrelevant why we voted to leave, because we can't turn the clock back and there is not going to be other EU referendums, until there is a result you are happy with.

Don't you? So why on earth did you address me, with quoting my post? :confused:

I'm not knocking the country, btw: just Leavers with poor arguments or logic. That means you.

The UK does not give me a living, either.

The remoaners seem to be the ones with poor arguments or logic, they want to stay with the sinking ship, you can be the conductor while the ship sinks.

They pay their taxes because this county gives them a living.

Unlike Penistone on here who avoids taxes but is British. Don't see you slating him a lot now, do I. The facts that people like me and L00b (b00h00 foreigners) have been talking about for practically a year regarding Brexit are slowly beginning to crystalise. I've repeatedly said that there are two options post Brexit, full Brexit to stem immigration resulting in economic problems and EEA Brexit which will have no impact on immigration and will only result in Britain stepping away from influence in the EU.

The sad thing is, it will hurt all of us regardless, but you seem to take joy in the fact that it hurts 'dem foreners' who are contributing to your economy. Very odd mentality. Can you explain that?

The remoaners seem to be the ones with poor arguments or logic, they want to stay with the sinking ship, you can be the conductor while the ship sinks.
My irony meter just exploded! :hihi:

I'm sat quite comfortably and cosily in my own life raft, so I'll pass on the promotion :thumbsup:

The sad thing is, it will hurt all of us regardless, but you seem to take joy in the fact that it hurts 'dem foreners' who are contributing to your economy. Very odd mentality. Can you explain that?
Don't hold your breath. It's all to do with 'controlling immigration über alles'. And in that context...

...Theresa May, promises to cap immigration, 6 years Home Secretary, 'cap' breached by an intergalactic mile every year. Now PM.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edited by L00b

Which sinking ship? Support for Nexit is dwindling as the Dutch are increasingly witnessing the car-crash that the UK voluntarily created.

Peter has in the past made hundreds of posts here as a BNP apologist. He doesn't attempt to hide his xenophobia.

As for the Brexit consequences, at the moment it's individual things being worse than they would otherwise be.

I heard this morning from our office's landlord that the redevelopment of the rundown site next door got cancelled, with the developers giving Brexit as the reason. They feel they would be left with a heightened risk of not being able to attract a tenant because they anticipate that demand would be lower.

The crash in the value of sterling means my firm had to pay thousands more on a large IT purchase - that's money that won't be entering the economy. It's a services firm that cannot practicably become an exporter. It means the next round of recruitment will see one person fewer hired than if sterling hadn't crashed.

It will take years for the damage to filter into the economy little by little. At the moment decisions are being postponed and projects cancelled. When the government goes ahead with leaving the EU, firms will take the major decisions about where they are doing business.

Edited by Flexo

I've been off this thread for a while (arguing about the existence of free will and other such things).

Most of you know I was very much for leave and now that I see that we'll very likely be exiting properly (no ECJ jurisdiction etc) I'm not terribly keen on having a prophecy-off with the remainers as to what the economic impact will be. I no longer have to fight this argument as my side has essentially won.

Can I repeat the request I have made so many times to my fellow leavers to treat the remainers more kindly, especially those who are from the mainland or who have strong links with the mainland and will likely be worried about adverse effects on their rights and prospects from Brexit.

I would especially like to advise that any nationalism and/or xenophobia is counter-productive. Our European friends are just that, friends. We're not going to be I suppose political family for much longer, but we were all good friends before the EU and we can surely agree that it would be nice it that persisted after Brexit is complete.

Basically, now that we've won, let's try not to be #%$@ about it.

Our European friends are just that, friends.

So why shut the door on them, refuse to let them in your garden and tell them that all they worked for for mutual benefit for 50 odd years is basically not wanted.

That's not what friends do..