The consequence thread (Brexit)

What was promised that has failed to materialise? So far we haven't left the EU yet - so the "promises" made cannot yet be tested.

Meanwhile, the brexiters admitted they effectively lied about £350 million a week, amongst many many other lies....

---------- Post added 03-10-2016 at 15:12 ----------

It's what you did though.

---------- Post added 03-10-2016 at 15:13 ----------

You always know when a point really gets peter up tight because he reverts to his nationalistic tripe from his BNP "glory" days...

No BNP glory days here I support no party only democracy, it seems to be on the winning side at the moment, but you keep spouting your tripe it makes me smile not uptight.

You mean everything is going along OK despite the remoaners like yourself moaning, you are contributing whilst taking a good living out of this country, not bad for an out of work librarian who couldn't make it in his own country.

I have no reason to slate Penistone any tax avoidance is between him and the tax man.

Now, as you are beeping about it not being personal, why not open your eyes to the facts and indeed have a look at what I posted. L00b referred to your latent xenophobia, it is evident in your post, Penistone is above the law/ethical standard because he is British, is he?

So it is OK to attack foreigners for not being British, but not OK to point out flaws in your fellow-Brits? Britain First aye... Such a charming character you are, I'd imagine you are really popular in the 'British whites only' pub.

No BNP glory days here I support no party only democracy, it seems to be on the winning side at the moment, but you keep spouting your tripe it makes me smile not uptight.

I'm perfectly happy with people from outside the UK living here.

You appear to think otherwise though.

So why shut the door on them, refuse to let them in your garden and tell them that all they worked for for mutual benefit for 50 odd years is basically not wanted.

That's not what friends do..

2004 is where it all went wrong. Opening the door to unlimited eastern Europeans. Britain was the only country to do this, the other EU nations put controls on it. Frank Field recently said that this referendum result was decided in 2004, and he was right.

Now, as you are beeping about it not being personal, why not open your eyes to the facts and indeed have a look at what I posted. L00b referred to your latent xenophobia, it is evident in your post, Penistone is above the law/ethical standard because he is British, is he?

So it is OK to attack foreigners for not being British, but not OK to point out flaws in your fellow-Brits? Britain First aye... Such a charming character you are, I'd imagine you are really popular in the 'British whites only' pub.

Penistone is not above the law or ethical standard if he has done anything wrong then he would be brought to book, I doubt he ever will, but you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about him.

You also seem to have a bee in your bonnet about the white British, not thinking of visiting Pudding Lane by any chance?

might I now take this opportunity to remind you that EEA/EFTA membership is not "membership of the European Union" and therefore, as 'soft Brexit', just as valid an outcome of the referendum 'mandate' as 'hard Brexit'.

So you regard an outcome whereby we would still be paying large amounts into the EU budget; would still be subject to the jurisdiction of the ECJ and would still be forced to accept freedom of movement as an example of 'soft Brexit'?

2004 is where it all went wrong. Opening the door to unlimited eastern Europeans. Britain was the only country to do this, the other EU nations put controls on it. Frank Field recently said that this referendum result was decided in 2004, and he was right.

Im really not sure that's correct. That flies in the face of "free movement" the EU is so keen on. Now other countries put limits on benefits to the best of my knowledge but not numbers.

Obviously if you can point to somewhere that says different......

Penistone is not above the law or ethical standard if he has done anything wrong then he would be brought to book, I doubt he ever will, but you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about him.

You also seem to have a bee in your bonnet about the white British, not thinking of visiting Pudding Lane by any chance?

So now I am a terrorist for pointing out you are a xenophobe? Haha, can't believe the cojones on you. Still dodging the points made by the way.

Im really not sure that's correct. That flies in the face of "free movement" the EU is so keen on. Now other countries put limits on benefits to the best of my knowledge but not numbers.

Obviously if you can point to somewhere that says different......

Yes it is correct. The other EU countries (with the exception of Ireland and (later) Sweden) placed a seven year moratorium on migration from the CEECs.

Why did we not do so? Partly it was due to Blair's megalomaniacal desire to cast himself in the role of a 'good European' (possibly with one eye set on becoming a Council or Commission president once his work with the UK was done); and partly due to a commissioned report on the likely impact of CEEC migration into the UK by a professor Dustmann (who would probably have been more useful working on the bins). Dustmann later claimed that his ludicrously low forecasts were predicated on the assumption that there would be no moratorium, but the fact that the government accepted his reassuringly low figures was either due to gross incompetence or willful blindness. Dustmann was, and continues to be, an advocate of mass immigration, so the fact that the government hired him in the first place speaks volumes as to its intention.