The consequence thread (Brexit)

At last a clear definition ...Brexit means breakfast!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/04/ive-spent-three-days-at-tory-conference-now-i-know-what-death-fe/

Presumably croissants and other "continental breakfast" items will be subject to rigorous quotas and the good old "full english"* will take precedence.

This will naturally help to end the reliance on foreign NHS staff as we massively up our cholesterol levels to heart attack inducing by the time we're 50 quantities.

*It is understood that regional variations may be allowed alongside Danish bacon and other wholesome products like factory farmed eggs, Heinz baked beans and lard - haggis in Scotland, white pudding in Norn Iron, oat cakes in Stoke, worms in Rovvrum, mud and seaweed in Wales etc.

Has the Torygraph been hacked? Even Matt is having a go this morning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/30/matt-cartoons-october-2016/

Then enlighten me and make the point clearer as stating "What that tells me is you don't understand what the share price is...." is not much to go on.
You could do worse than consider the currency it's valued in (here is a clue about the point) :)

Gbp crashed 1.28, for those denying, I've repeatedly said 1.30 was a barrier, the pound will now likely drop to 1.22, when it breaches that we are looking at panic and 1.10 next. Don't worry though, at least you have sovereignty.
€0.88 now, that's €0.01 per week this last month. Looks like parity by Xmas, then.

Gbp crashed 1.28, for those denying, I've repeatedly said 1.30 was a barrier, the pound will now likely drop to 1.22, when it breaches that we are looking at panic and 1.10 next. Don't worry though, at least you have sovereignty.

Guess all those sending money back to the EU are feeling the pinch.

1.22 before rebounding to 1.25, soon the pound will hit uncharted territory. Retailers will not be able to cope with this one, prices across the board are set to rise unless the market corrects upwards.

Carney had better dump more cash into the black hole...

1.22 before rebounding to 1.25, soon the pound will hit uncharted territory. Retailers will not be able to cope with this one, prices across the board are set to rise unless the market corrects upwards.
It is the Asian markets' doing, the ar5e completely fell out of the £ when they opened this morning (Pacific time). Still hovering at €0.90 last I checked (:shocked:)

Makes me think some people in Japan have taken some decisions.

Because in other news, Nissan just announced a major commercial strategic shift to India with 8 new models, right after the EU green-lit their buyout of Mitsubishi.

Maybe the wrong dots connected...maybe not :|

Because in other news, Nissan just announced a major commercial strategic shift to India with 8 new models, right after the EU green-lit their buyout of Mitsubishi.

:|

There was an interested item on the news this week which featured a Renault car factory in India. I wonder how long ago the French owned car company decided to get involved in car manufacturing in India ? It was also mentioned that India had over taken South Korea in the car manufacturing league table.

There was an interested item on the news this week which featured a Renault car factory in India. I wonder how long ago the French owned car company decided to get involved in car manufacturing in India ? It was also mentioned that India had over taken South Korea in the car manufacturing league table.

You must have led a very sheltered life. All the major players in the automotive industry have plants in India, including Jaguar Rover, Skoda VW take a look here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_in_India

You are aware that Renault and Nissan have been joined at the shareholding hip since 1999, right? With Renault holding the controlling shareholding? That Carlos Ghosn (he of "give us moneyback warranties about Brexit consequences or else" to T. May) headed Renault before he became chairman and CEO of the Renault-Nissan Alliance?

Yes you are correct and decisions to build these plants were made long before the UK decided to leave the EU.

Quite true but we live in a global economy and manufacturing can be and is moved around the world to get the best deals. My Sister in laws brother works for Vauxhall in Cheshire and is worried about his future at the plant. Decisions are made thousands of miles away from the plants.