The consequence thread (Brexit)

Statistical analysis.

You don't seem to want young people to vote, you are obviously an out voter with a dislike for young people. Puts you in a certain bandwidth and Melthebell struck a nerve. Took a shot. Why, am I close?

.........what an utterly silly post!

What year were you born 2002? surely I must be very close!

seem! obviously! dislike! bandwidth!.........Wow! please back-off! you are so intelligent!

.........what an utterly silly post!

What year were you born 2002? surely I must be very close!

seem! obviously! dislike! bandwidth!.........Wow! please back-off! you are so intelligent!

Well, you asked and I answered!

Am I close then?

So because we'll all be dying in the future we shouldn't have a vote?

Its one person one vote, young or old, black or white, rich or poor, gay or straight, male or female, Labour or Tory.

People have died in this country in the past so that we can have the right to vote; it does not mean the vote should be used wisely as the 16m who voted remain showed us yesterday.

I think dismissing the choices of others is unwise.

You can be annoyed or happy about the outcome, but you have to respect the fact the 16m do not want to leave the EU. Most people on here on the remain side have been accepting of the result and most on the leave side have been very civil in their tone.

Let's keep it that way because now the vote has happened we all need to work together to get the best out of this we can.

That would be because you haven't got a clue what you voted for. It might have appealed to your anti-foreigner rhetoric, but the truth is, no one f-ing knows what is going to happen now.

Having said that, it is a fair assumption that those at the bottom of the pile will firmly remain there. You somehow elected a new Tory PM, whether it is Boris or Gove, to deal with the EU.

The same Tories that blocked the saving of UK steel, the same Tories that sell off bank assets at a loss.

Have fun Dorberman, your time will come. I am sure. (When your kids will bemoan your decision).

The irony is that NO END of people I know voted "out" and are on benefits.

Talk about Turkeys Voting for Christmas LOL

Wait till the fools see the "emergency budget"...... Which is another thing....

Why is it ANOTHER emergency, especially as how things will be so good after Brexit?

Surely we should be all in clover now.

I understand the argument that the older generation had voted selfishly. I spoke to my teenage kids today, one of whom is just finishing their A levels and trust me they are angry. They believe that the opportunities they will have are reduced. They also have many friends who are foreign born, my eldest's best friend is Polish and my youngest's best friend is Somalian. They felt awkward today. They also feel scared about the future. People need to remember how it was to be a teenager to understand.

I really don't think people should be dismissing the views of the young by playing a kind of weird top trumps over how much they have struggled. Disregard the views of the young at your peril. They are important, and I think the outright dismissal by many of their concerns is probably the worst and most dangerous thing that has happened today.

And therein lies the challenge. I think having watched his speech today Boris Johnson struck exactly the right tone - he recognises that to get the best result those who lead are going to have to be inclusive and that includes looking after our young and reassuring them.

I voted leave because I think we will be better off outside the EU. I have 2 young daughters. I voted leave because I think they will be better off outside the EU too.

Of course, he was elected. Perhaps he might even re-cross the floor now.

Mr Farage. No. He can accept that his 20 year mission is over and retire. Or stand again and lose again. Or win, and then participate. Is that likely, now he's admitted the NHS wont be getting all the EU money? Probably not.

Farage promised to resign if he didn't win a seat at the last GE then didn't (well he pretended to resign then UKIP conveniently refused his resignation). Now he's called a massive lie a "mistake" the minute after the lie had served its purpose. Why would anyone trust him at all?

That would be because you haven't got a clue what you voted for. It might have appealed to your anti-foreigner rhetoric, but the truth is, no one f-ing knows what is going to happen now.

Having said that, it is a fair assumption that those at the bottom of the pile will firmly remain there. You somehow elected a new Tory PM, whether it is Boris or Gove, to deal with the EU.

The same Tories that blocked the saving of UK steel, the same Tories that sell off bank assets at a loss.

Have fun Dorberman, your time will come. I am sure. (When your kids will bemoan your decision).

This is the irony. The poor have handed a mandate to people who have shown little inclination to help them.