The consequence thread (Brexit)

You mean EU funding that is our money that they are kindly giving back to us?

In net terms yes but the money for communities returned is kind of redistributed in a way that Labour or Tory governments would never guarantee or do fairly. It is redistributed on the basis of a host of indices like poverty levels etc...

Anybody argues that it is only the Tories that would not guarantee to support those communities in the same way as the EU wants their heads testing, and need to be reminded that Labour left those communities to fester for 13 years and really cemented the rot that set in during the 80s/90s

In a bizarre way the funding for regions and communities from the EU protects them from neglect from their own governments. It shouldn't be that way but it unfortunately is that way.

This sums up perfectly why the country made the right decision in voting to Leave.

What a vile bunch of Dictators .

---------- Post added 08-10-2016 at 20:02 ----------

They are probably fed up of uncontrolled immigration like the rest of the country.

Do you know what a dictator is? None of the EU leaders are.

Do you really think the UK will sacrifice London's financial passport by not allowing the free movement of people to continue as the EU has said is a red line? If free movement of people does not continue and London loses its passport with the EU, then Frankfurt will rightly become the new financial capital of Europe. We don't buy enough German cars to prevent them from doing this. The EU have us over a barrel because ill educated voters put us here. Time for them to suffer the consequences. I'll be laughing when the fallout happens.

Roll on the job losses.

They are probably fed up of uncontrolled immigration like the rest of the country.

Controlled immigration doesn't necessarily mean less immigrants.

The official leave campaign never made any meaningful pledge around reduction in numbers.

It might be that we get lots of Canadians, South Africans (there are a lot of economically disadvantaged white South Africans with the same migratory drivers as Eastern Europeans) or Australians.

They'll come an do the jobs, and they'll be hated as much as the Poles. Wait and see.

In net terms yes but the money for communities returned is kind of redistributed in a way that Labour or Tory governments would never guarantee or do fairly. It is redistributed on the basis of a host of indices like poverty levels etc...

Anybody argues that it is only the Tories that would not guarantee to support those communities in the same way as the EU wants their heads testing, and need to be reminded that Labour left those communities to fester for 13 years and really cemented the rot that set in during the 80s/90s

In a bizarre way the funding for regions and communities from the EU protects them from neglect from their own governments. It shouldn't be that way but it unfortunately is that way.

Exactly. The EU funding is specifically targeted at regions which are defined as underdeveloped. Our government will never distribute the money in the way it is now by giving it to areas that need it most.

Do you know what a dictator is? None of the EU leaders are.

Do you really think the UK will sacrifice London's financial passport by not allowing the free movement of people to continue as the EU has said is a red line? If free movement of people does not continue and London loses its passport with the EU, then Frankfurt will rightly become the new financial capital of Europe. We don't buy enough German cars to prevent them from doing this. The EU have us over a barrel because ill educated voters put us here. Time for them to suffer the consequences. I'll be laughing when the fallout happens.

Roll on the job losses.

I don't think we should be wishing for job losses. Lost jobs means home lives put under pressure, broken careers, debt, lost homes.

We do not want that. The issue is that every leading Brexiter regularly baked a warning about a period of economic upheavel and uncertainty into their speeches. The idea was that it would be worth it in the long run, but for ordinary people that upheaval will translate into sacrifice in their everyday lives. People never understood what hard Brexit was when they voted. They never understood the globalist ultra-free trade stance of the Brexit leaders.

I don't think many people know what is coming. They need to be told the truth. And that should mean we can hopefully avoid the hard Brexit this government clearly has no mandate for. That is what I'm hoping for, not for people to lose their jobs.

Edited by I1L2T3

I don't think we should be wishing for job losses. Lost jobs means home lives put under pressure, broken careers, debt, lost homes.

We do not want that. The issue is that every leading Brexiter regularly baked a warning about a period of economic upheavel and uncertainty into their speeches. The idea was that it would be worth it in the long run, but for ordinary people that upheaval will translate into sacrifice in their everyday lives. People never understood what hard Brexit was when they voted. They never understood the globalist ultra-free trade stance of the Brexit leaders.

I don't many people know what is coming. They need to be told the truth. And that should mean we can hopefully avoid the hard Brexit this government clearly has no mandate for. That is what I'm hoping for, not for people to lose their jobs.

I don't think so. People are responsible for their actions. They made their beds, they should damn well sleep in it.

Interesting article stating that Germany and the EU can't afford to drive a hard bargain over brexit = http://www.acreurope.eu/item/gunnar_beck_germany_and_the_eu_cannot_afford_to_drive_hard_bargain_over_bre

Those posters calling brexiters uneducated are exaggerating their own intelligence.

No one knows how Brexit will turn out so please give up with the doom and gloom predictions.

Interesting article stating that Germany and the EU can't afford to drive a hard bargain over brexit = http://www.acreurope.eu/item/gunnar_beck_germany_and_the_eu_cannot_afford_to_drive_hard_bargain_over_bre

Those posters calling brexiters uneducated are exaggerating their own intelligence.

No one knows how Brexit will turn out so please give up with the doom and gloom predictions.

So the Tories own European Parliament Party (with the Tories being, by far, the biggest National Representative in terms of funding and influence) has posted an article, obviously completely unbiased, based on a single quote from a speech by a German minister made in August, that you prefer over the reports today that the CBI is very worried about the 'Hard Brexit' stance being mooted and demanding businesses are given a bigger role.

Likely story, shows good judgment, I think you are right, we should all sing the praises of Brexit.

So the Tories own European Parliament Party (with the Tories being, by far, the biggest National Representative in terms of funding and influence) has posted an article, obviously completely unbiased, based on a single quote from a speech by a German minister made in August, that you prefer over the reports today that the CBI is very worried about the 'Hard Brexit' stance being mooted and demanding businesses are given a bigger role.

Likely story, shows good judgment, I think you are right, we should all sing the praises of Brexit.

My bold=

Nobody knows how brexit will pan out, lies were told on both sides and we are in unknown territory and even the author Of article 50 says it was never meant to be used= http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-britain-theresa-may-article-50-not-supposed-meant-to-be-used-trigger-giuliano-a7156656.html

Do you not think the EU leaders boasting about making Britain pay for brexit is not harming business confidence?

The course is set for brexit, fasten your belts as it will be a bumpy ride and will not get cancelled.

My bold=

Nobody knows how brexit will pan out, lies were told on both sides and we are in unknown territory and even the author Of article 50 says it was never meant to be used= http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-britain-theresa-may-article-50-not-supposed-meant-to-be-used-trigger-giuliano-a7156656.html

Do you not think the EU leaders boasting about making Britain pay for brexit is not harming business confidence?

The course is set for brexit, fasten your belts as it will be a bumpy ride and will not get cancelled.

We will be made an example of. The EU cannot afford not to. I am going to enjoy the fallout.