The consequence thread (Brexit)

Perhaps you should have taken better advice before you bought it then.

How can an estate agent advise with any confidence that your property will definitely rise in value?

Currently every flat in Neepsend for sale is below £190,000

How can an estate agent advise with any confidence that your property will definitely rise in value?

it was probably a Haybrooks estate agent :wink:

(Ten points to anybody who understands the reference)

That particular area is becoming quite "trendy" and is on the up. Its a stonesthrow from the increasingly trendy Kellham Island, and a reasonable walking distance from the Riverside pub and town.

I totally agree, it is on the up, it is also an area where the current highest value flat is below 200K. Do you genuinely believe someone recently sold at 350K? How naive.

---------- Post added 09-10-2016 at 19:29 ----------

Please stop trying to make the exit from the EU sound better than it should be. You are taking away the remainers raison d'être.

In actual fact, she is taking away from the Brexiters raison d'etre by continuing the nonsense you bought into before the referendum.

Don't worry, t'll all be fine.

As I recall the advice from Savill's went something like ..A new ring road is nearly completed and many of the derelict warehouses and industrial premises are approved for residential use which will bring prosperity to the area.

I'm sure the flats that are for sale are below £190,000. There are also quite a number that aren't for sale that are valued at rather more. Particularly those with river views and private parking.

Edited by lizmachin

I wouldn't get to worried about housing stock. I left the UK for Canada around 7 years ago. I put my flat at Neepsend on the market at £220,000. A year later I'd had no takers and took it off sale. I'm now back in the UK and getting offers of over £350,000 for the property.

Course you are Liz :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:- evidenced by this,

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Kelham-Island.html

People are obviously flocking to Neepsend at those prices when just about every flat in the City Centre, S10, S11 S17 etc is a lot cheaper.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E1195&maxPrice=325000&numberOfPropertiesPerPage=24&radius=0.0&sortType=2&index=0&propertyTypes=flat&primaryDisplayPropertyType=flats&viewType=LIST&areaSizeUnit=sqft&currencyCode=GBP

Was just looking myself. There's one available for £150k with private parking.

Now, is a river view worth another £150k?

That river???

LMAO.

That river???

LMAO.

The view of the Don in Neepsend is on a par with the Douro in Porto, the Danube in Vienna, the Rhone in Avignon etc etc when you're wearing Brexiter blinkers.

That river???

LMAO.

I doubt it, but 60% more floor space and extra bed room and en-suite probably is.

Why are we talking about the price of flats in Neepsend?

Any chance we can get back to that thing where cross people who voted remain cherry pick bad economic predictions from before the vote and claim without evidence that they've come true, then for this which have not come true: move the predictions back to actual exit.

Or for the sake of balance: That thing where people who voted leave stick their fingers in their ears and deny all present and future negative economic impact from Brexit.