The consequence thread (Brexit)

I pay the minimum i can , nowt wrong with that,

Do you pay more than you have to ?

Be fair, you buy dodgy fags and red diesel - you aren't a carefully tax planner, you're acting very much illegally.

---------- Post added 10-10-2016 at 21:56 ----------

You missed out that they keep half of it.

Dictators is a bit strong though.

And now places who could do with EU money aren't going to get anything!

Cornwall. South Wales. The north east. Do you think a cash-strapped Tory government are going to give them anything like the money the EU did? I very much doubt it.

Didn't the majority of people in Cornwall, Wales and the North East also vote leave? By doing so they would also have realised that money from the EU would dry up.

A few weeks of market turbulence and a lot less devaluation.

QE with no deflationary pressures to counter just devalues the currency.

No evidence for any of that first sentence.

And, the next time there is Brexit-related economic threat (which will happen) and the BoE have to step in then your argument is blown.

The question is will the BoE step back? The political pressure to keep the Brexit show on the road will be massive so I wouldn't count on it.

Didn't the majority of people in Cornwall, Wales and the North East also vote leave? By doing so they would also have realised that money from the EU would dry up.

Yes. Yes they did. I don't think a lot of them had a clue of the impact and others didn't care as long as the foreigners went home. I'm at a loss why they'd think uk government money will head their way after brexit. It isn't happening. Why would it? They won't vote Tory as a result of any extra government money and if labour get it, labour won't need to help them as they'll vote labour anyway.