The consequence thread (Brexit)

I think that your irony app is on the blink.
You didn't transcode irony well in that post. Might I suggest liberal use of '¿'.

For instance:

You also seem to have swallowed a dictionary.
¿ Does the English language challenge you?

I can revert to French or German instead, if you wish ¿

:)

I think that your irony app is on the blink.

You also seem to have swallowed a dictionary.

Just like Brexit, democracy can mean what you, or anyone else, choose it to mean. But at the moment Brexit is in the hands of the Government and they will decide what it means and then negotiate with their own emphasis on the importance of individual elements. The Remainers knew what they were voting for cos we already had it. The Leavers were sold a pup - suckers.

Laughing my @£$# off here.

In 1972 we signed up to the EC: A common market of 9 European nations with a fraction of the power which the EU has now.

You have no idea the relationship the UK would have had with the European federal government even 10 years from now.

Laughing my @£$# off here.

In 1972 we signed up to the EC: A common market of 9 European nations with a fraction of the power which the EU has now.

You have no idea the relationship the UK would have had with the European federal government even 10 years from now.

I'm sorry unbeliever, but you'll have to do better than that strawman.

Came June 23rd, the remain-voting voters indeed knew exactly what they were voting for: the status quo enduring as at June 23.

Everything else, including how voters of either side would vote today, 3 months on, or 10 years hence, is just conjecture. Nothing but.

I'm sorry unbeliever, but you'll have to do better than that strawman.

Came June 23rd, the remain-voting voters indeed knew exactly what they were voting for: the status quo enduring as at June 23.

Everything else, including how voters of either side would vote today, 3 months on, is just conjecture. Nothing but.

The status quo was not on offer. The EU is not a stable construct, but an ongoing project.

You can't just go around writing strawman on things because you can't counter them.

The status quo was not on offer. The EU is not a stable construct, but an ongoing project.

You can't just go around writing strawman on things because you can't counter them.

Of course it was - you knew what you were getting with the EU, for good and for bad (and there was plenty of bad) but voting out is a step into the abyss. As leavers continually point out, we don't what will happen - the only difference is that they think that's a good thing. I don't.

Of course it was - you knew what you were getting with the EU, for good and for bad (and there was plenty of bad) but voting out is a step into the abyss. As leavers continually point out, we don't what will happen - the only difference is that they think that's a good thing. I don't.

The EU is not a stable construct, but an ongoing project.

I challenge you to directly deny this.

The status quo on 23 June was the same on that date, as it was in 1972 with 9 members and no Schengen or €, and as it would be in 10 year's time, with more or less members, more or less or no Schengen, more or less or no €.

"Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?"

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I'll damn well call it a duck whether it pleases you or not :)

And as regards "not being able to counter" anything, my turn to "laughing my @£$# off here".

Want to have a stab at answering the question I asked you in #4616? You've seen it before that, in an earlier reply to one of your posts, I believe.

Edited by L00b

The status quo on 23 June was the same on that date, as it was in 1972 with 9 members and no Schengen or €, and as it would be in 10 year's time, with more or less members, more or less or no Schengen, more or less or no €.

So in your world, "status quo" and "rapidly changing" are compatible?

See this is how otherwise reasonable and intelligent people end up voting for remain.