The consequence thread (Brexit)

Ummm what are you on about?
This.

I have no issue with parliament voting on major issues as you describe. I think parliament having a vote on the terms of Brexit is a splendid idea.
Until an hour ago (Google news timing) Theresa May disagreed.

But at the latest, it looks like she's finally blinked?

Ummm, do you think she would have U-turned like this, if the issues which I've been raising in here were just a figment of my imagination?

Rethorical question, no need to answer

Edited by L00b

This.

Do you think she would have U-turned, if the issues which I've been raising in here were just a figment of my imagination? Rethorical question, no need to answer

I've only been talking about the simple matter of parliament having a vote on triggering article 50.

I don't agree with the terms of the Brexit deal not being voted on.

Are the two things entwined? I thought this court-case only related to the government's authority to enact article 50 without a parliamentary vote. If it goes further than that then I hope they win then!

This.

Ummm, do you think she would have U-turned like this, if the issues which I've been raising in here were just a figment of my imagination?

I think this give a better perspective and also shows how she has not done a u-turn by accepting fully Labours opposition day motion as it has now been amended to include this:

"...and believes that the process should be undertaken in such a way that respects the decision of the people of the UK when they voted to leave the EU on 23 June and does not undermine the negotiating position of the Government as negotiations are entered into which will take place after Article 50 has been triggered."

Taken from here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37634016

So yes, it still may be a figment of your imagination.

I've only been talking about the simple matter of parliament having a vote on triggering article 50.

I don't agree with the terms of the Brexit deal not being voted on.

Are the two things entwined? I thought this court-case only related to the government's authority to enact article 50 without a parliamentary vote. If it goes further than that then I hope they win then!

We have already had the vote on triggering article 50 ......... it was on June 23rd , and the country voted to trigger it and get the hell out of that corrupt dictatorship in Brussels.

We have already had the vote on triggering article 50 ......... it was on June 23rd , and the country voted to trigger it and get the hell out of that corrupt dictatorship in Brussels.

Uh huh. What do you think the last page of posts are about?

I will help you. They're about whether the Government actually has the legal authority to enact article 50 without there first being a vote to do so.

Why not engage brain and read the thread rather than cherry picking the odd sentence?

Uh huh. What do you think the last page of posts are about?

I will help you. They're about whether the Government actually has the legal authority to enact article 50 without there first being a vote to do so.

Why not engage brain and read the thread rather than cherry picking the odd sentence?

Cant be bothered to read thought every page of arguing , i have a life away from here .

Cant be bothered to read thought every page of arguing , i have a life away from here .

That is one way of admitting that you're are wrong I suppose.

Also, the vote on June 23rd was not legally binding. So it was not a vote to enact Article 50 by any means. How the politicians interpret the result is up to them.

You don't seem to understand what a dictatorship really is. Google the definition and you will be surprised.

The commisioners are not dictators by any stretch of the imagination. They are selected by elected officials. The UK had an EU commissioner until the vote which was selected by the government, which is in case you didn't notice is made up of elected MPs. The European Parliament is made up of MEPs that we voted for. Each EU country can nominate their own representatives to commisioner positions.

I think you should do some research before opening your mouth and talking about things you clearly do not understand.