The consequence thread (Brexit)

Yes. Like at the Swiss border. They cope.

Depends. Often no-one checks you at the EU-Swiss border (I know because I cross it regularly, specifically the French-Swiss border) so then its fine, though of course it means anyone can cross with anything they want which might not be such good news.

However when they do decide to do checks, it can cause horrendous tailbacks for people. So not really very convenient for people living near the borders.

Depends. Often no-one checks you at the EU-Swiss border (I know because I cross it regularly, specifically the French-Swiss border) so then its fine, though of course it means anyone can cross with anything they want which might not be such good news.

However when they do decide to do checks, it can cause horrendous tailbacks for people. So not really very convenient for people living near the borders.

I'm talking about trucks. When I crossed the German border into Switzerland they were checking every truck. We drove straight through but all trucks were checked. Same when the journey was reversed. I *think* they always check every truck. They queue up off the autobahn in a huge truckpark holding pen thing.

I'm not sure how much stuff goes in and out of Gibralter.

My point is a solution will be found but I have serious doubts that solution will be the UK surrendering sovereignty over Gibralter to Spain.

Edited by Santo

If Gibraltar remains with us and Britain withdraws from the single market and customs union, will that create an intolerable situation at the Gibraltar/Spain border as everything crossing it becomes subject to customs checks and tariffs?

it's not just the border, Gibralter is heavily into financial services and if the UK leaves the single market then Gibralter's ability to sell into the EU will end along with London's.

Yes. Like at the Swiss border. They cope.

You seem to be calling for Gibralter to be 'given back' as a matter of convenience?

And you have mentioned NI and Scotland too. Do you want the result of Brexit to be the break-up of the United Kingdom?

Did you vote in or out?

Jimmy Krankie has been on the news tonight threatening another referendum on Scottish Independence because of Brexit.

If she wants to cosy up to Brussels , fine , let the Jocks leave the UK and stay in the EU .

Jimmy Krankie has been on the news tonight threatening another referendum on Scottish Independence because of Brexit.

If she wants to cosy up to Brussels , fine , let the Jocks leave the UK and stay in the EU .

Fair enough. You no doubt have a prudent and fair plan for how to divide up North Sea Oil for example?

The interesting things about this one is that the wicked witch of the north is chosing to ignore a referendum result and to go back to the country to see if they have changed their minds... but not to actually see if they have, but to see if they think they have (a consultation about a consultation...)

I wonder if any other wicked witches would consider doing this...