The consequence thread (Brexit)

Big bag of tariff money and businesses moving from the EU to the UK to access our internal market.
HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

That was good, u :thumbsup:

Now, come on, seriously.

You said if the EU doesn't take what deal the UK offers (this I what I understand by "belligerent and reject the offer"; am I correct?), they'll suffer more (LOL!) and there will be "many compensations" for the UK.

You've been explained sideways and lengthways about the elasticity of supply and demand prices, so much in goods as in services, between EU member states.

When manufacturers, wholesalers and financiers have been scouting to relocate (and in some cases already begun to relocate) in Dublin, Paris and Frankfurt, what on earth makes you think others are going to come here to the tune of the current pre-actual Brexit economical activity?

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

That was good, u :thumbsup:

Now, come on, seriously.

You said if the EU doesn't take what deal the UK offers (this I what I understand by "belligerent and reject the offer"; am I correct?), they'll suffer more (LOL!) and there will be "many compensations" for the UK.

You've been explained sideways and lengthways about the elasticity of supply and demand prices, so much in goods as in services, between EU member states.

When manufacturers, wholesalers and financiers have been scouting to relocate (and in some cases already begun to relocate) in Dublin, Paris and Frankfurt, what on earth makes you think others are going to come here to the tune of the current pre-actual Brexit economical activity?

Really? And after all the complaints I got for using the term "remoaners". It seems that courtesy is expected only from the leave supporters.

I would call it a deliberate attempt to wreck the deal.

I honestly don't have a problem with free movement, but obviously the nation as a whole does. But I sense that we're also talking about surrendering sovereignty.

What has free movement got to do with tariffs anyway?

---------- Post added 17-10-2016 at 14:33 ----------

All agreed. But why now and why 16?

As far as I can tell this is something that "progressive" parties generally support enthusiastically for the rather self-serving reason that they expect 16 and 17 year olds to be inclined to vote for them.

Indoctrinated at school.

Really? And after all the complaints I got for using the term "remoaners". It seems that courtesy is expected only from the leave supporters.
Consider me surprised (how is my post disrespectful? You consider 'hahaha' as disrespectful as 'remoaners'? Really?) and disappointed (I really wasn't expecting an inelegant cop-out from you) in equal measure.

Figures, though. It's clear as a nose on a face that Leavers really dislike uncomfortable questions.

I mean, if only they could silence us remoaners to stop us from asking them, eh? :roll:

Consider me surprised (how is my post disrespectful? You consider 'hahaha' as disrespectful as 'remoaners'? Really?) and disappointed (I really wasn't expecting an inelegant cop-out from you) in equal measure.

Figures, though. It's clear as a nose on a face that Leavers really dislike uncomfortable questions.

I mean, if only they could silence us remoaners to stop us from asking them, eh? :roll:

Usually I demonstrate thicker skin, but if I'm to be held to a high standard of courtesy I expect the same from my opponents.

You don't see me laughing at other peoples opinions.

Nor do you see me making ridiculous claims of censorship or cop-out when challenged on such matters.

Usually I demonstrate thicker skin, but if I'm to be held to a high standard of courtesy I expect the same from my opponents.

You don't see me laughing at other peoples opinions.

Nor do you see me making ridiculous claims of censorship or cop-out when challenged on such matters.

A little forum search may be in order, as I distinctly remember your lack of courtesy in some of your replies to my earlier posts.

Incidentally, I did not challenge you on matters of courtesy, I called your cop-out for what it is: your failing entirely to address the substance and point of the post to which you were replying. Just like you completely avoided the substance and point of the two preceding posts.

Mock offence and complete mutism about uncomfortable questions. You're not fooling anyone, u. It's just a shame that you're choosing to try and lay it on thicker instead.

To be denied something you first have to request it. I didn't see any petition to request votes for 16/17 year olds. Now, the ex-pats and some others were denied a vote but that was part of the referendum act.

Is that true that Expats were denied a vote ? How long would they have to have lived abroad to have been denied a vote ? I assumed the electorate was it the same as for a general election, am I wrong ?

Is that true that Expats were denied a vote ? How long would they have to have lived abroad to have been denied a vote ? I assumed the electorate was it the same as for a general election, am I wrong ?
15 years IIRC, and yes, it is true.

In the meantime, some more news about the impact of the free-falling Sterling.

The UK/IE trading prospects are sufficiently serious that Mr Kenny will be meeting with Ms May shortly. The meeting might not be as amicable as some think:

“If Britain avails of its exit from the single market to reintroduce subsidies to British food production, as was the case before the common market, this would cause serious damage to the Irish food industry and would probably necessitate retaliation by Europe,” he said. “Anti-dumping measures are part of the armoury of the EU and they have been used before and could be again.”

15 years IIRC, and yes, it is true.

In the meantime, some more news about the impact of the free-falling Sterling.

The UK/IE trading prospects are sufficiently serious that Mr Kenny will be meeting with Ms May shortly. The meeting might not be as amicable as some think:

Sorry, just to clarify, expats who lived abroad up to 15 years were able to vote in the EU referendum ?

Sorry, just to clarify, expats who lived abroad up to 15 years were able to vote in the EU referendum ?
Not able. British citizens and passport holders, likely most affected by the vote outcome, denied the right to vote.

I posted a lot about this in the pre-referendum thread. Not many cared.

No different to EU migrants in the UK: now they're just pawns in the political Brexit game (Fox said so).

I wonder if they'll also eventually be classed as traitors in due course :twisted: