The consequence thread (Brexit)

Traditional working classes have been ignored by successive governments for too long and have found their voice and are sticking it to the man?

They'll sadly be paying the price if it goes pear shaped though.

indeed, the ONLY people to feel the force of any tits upness will be the poorer masses

The idea that leaving the EU gives working class people control over their lives is daft. Not that being in the EU gives them control either, but the whole Leave project has been run by the people who have spent the last 40 years actively attacking and dismantling the organisations that gave working class people some power and control in the first place. When has the political establishment ever gone out of its way to empower working class people? Never.

Well put. We've had the attacks on unions and gradual erosion of their strength. At the same time there have been positives driven by the EU around working conditions, safety, pay, holiday etc...

What we may have just voted for is renewed attacks on unions, and dismantling of worker protection.

better the devil you know rather than the devil you dont know? surely?

having a chance at "fixing" the EU from within instead of cutting off your nose to spite your face and jumping into years of uncertantity?

Things aren't as safe and certain in the EU as is made out. We can't control or even always predict the politics of other European countries.

better the devil you know rather than the devil you dont know? surely?

having a chance at "fixing" the EU from within instead of cutting off your nose to spite your face and jumping into years of uncertantity?

they have been trying to fix the EU for years and got nowhere

Things aren't as safe and certain in the EU as is made out. We can't control or even always predict the politics of other European countries.

Maybe not, but we could have followed many of the EU countries in protecting our workers. The reason we didn't was because the country voted Tory in since 2010. The same Tories who failed to explain why immigration helped the British economy out of the situation that was not that far off from Italy and Spain, other than by saying they wanted to cut immigration and slashed public funding.

Now, it is Brexit, the economy is about to receive another hit and nobody knows how that is going to affect a country already struggling to pay down its debts.

We will remember this day for a long time, better or worse.

The out voters wanted to see Cameron out, and an end to immigration simple as that IMO, they will succeed in the former but the latter will be much harder, time will tell if it was worth the price we could all pay.

Personally speaking I am licking my wounds, I have saved for the past 10 years, saving into S&S isa, personal stocks which some have fallen 20% in just a day, I'm far from rich just trying to get the first step on the housing ladder the events of today reset my efforts years. Rather worried for the next 10 years, a big decision was made from just a 2% difference, I feel like a storm is coming and I don't even have a jacket.

Hear, hear. Even the Greeks, the most eurosceptic nation of all, after all they've suffered at the hands of the EU, even they weren't so stupid as to vote to leave the EU.

No they were bribed billions to stay in!

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 23:16 ----------

Looks like voters in other countries want their say now they have seen what can happen.

Those EU walls could come a tumbling down.

If the UK is only 1 country to leave out of the 28 and it can cause the EU to collapse then it show just how fragile the foundations of the EU are.