The consequence thread (Brexit)

First, what do you mean by "we" and "buying power."

It'll be a bogus conversion of the average wealth of the nation into just about the most expensive currency around (USD) based on dates selected to maximise the calculated value, all predicated on the outrageously false assumption that everything we buy is imported and priced in USD.

Well, I have news for them.

This is truly problematic, because May is a long time away from curbing the deficit...in fact she's on about borrowing tons more for shifting economical stimulus from QE to infrastructural investment.

Okay paywall! But if it refers to gilt yields I would point out that the 10 year yields are still below that from before the referendum.

The intermittency of renewables dooms them to forever be an expensive minor player player in the energy game and biofuels are the worst idea ever devised on every possible level.

The matter of CO2 can and should be resolved through a combination of nuclear and CCS.

Even if I'm wrong about what policy should be, the EU has no business telling national governments.

What is it about a free trade system, internal market, or customs union which creates a need to centrally manage energy policy?

Im still confused as to what part of the guidance you think is telling us explicitly how to do things which was the original gripe.

you now seem to be objecting to the EU giving suggestions on how to hit CO2 targets.

Which is it?

Im still confused as to what part of the guidance you think is telling us explicitly how to do things which was the original gripe.

you now seem to be objecting to the EU giving suggestions on how to hit CO2 targets.

Which is it?

They're not suggestions.

A noise from my BBC app tells me that inflation has gone up from 0.6 to 1.0%. Anybody want to claim that one?

Yes thanks. It's hardly surprising with QE, the fall in the pound pushing up immediate prices of fuel food and possibly clothing, and very shortly winter electricity prices.

But I'm sure the leavers will consider it just a blip and it's a natural short term acceptable of the cost of doing something or other ******.

---------- Post added 18-10-2016 at 12:14 ----------

They're not suggestions.

So where are these suggestions in that document? Or are you just objecting to all of it? For the only reason that you don't think it's the EU's place? Who should decide this then - shall we have a trading block that's as organised as a bag full of cats which is what you are suggesting?

Yes thanks. It's hardly surprising with QE, the fall in the pound pushing up immediate prices of fuel food and possibly clothing, and very shortly winter electricity prices.

But I'm sure the leavers will consider it just a blip and it's a natural short term acceptable of the cost of doing something or other ******.

Winter electricity prices are twice what they should be anyway. Guess why.

So where are these suggestions in that document? Or are you just objecting to all of it? For the only reason that you don't think it's the EU's place? Who should decide this then - shall we have a trading block that's as organised as a bag full of cats which is what you are suggesting?

They're right in front of you.

Of course it's not the EU's place. Why does a customs union require central energy policy? This is clearly a matter for national governments.

Winter electricity prices are twice what they should be anyway. Guess why.

What should they be then?

And you think that cross channel and north sea prices are not going to be 20% more than normal this year? I've news for you - those spot prices are in Euros....