The consequence thread (Brexit)

Okay paywall! But if it refers to gilt yields I would point out that the 10 year yields are still below that from before the referendum.
You can (seemingly, just did it) get around the paywall by searching the article title (Gilts and the pound: Brexit heat is spreading) in Google news.

The problem is not so much the 10 year gilt yield (which is rocketing off to pre-Brexit levels, going by the graph in the article), as the amount of spooking which the apparent decoupling between gilts and £ is causing amongst traders. Remember my comments about the sterling potentially losing its status as a reserve currency? That's the issue. Losing that status means permanently-higher borrowing costs.

Next milestones: the next 10 year gilt sale tomorrow and, more importantly, the 2065 gilt sale next week. I'm giving an advisory about buying Kleenexes.

Edited by L00b

They're right in front of you.

No they are not which is why I'm asking. I've no intention of wasting my time asking you about each line of some document when you need to tell me.

If you cant be bothered to do that then I'll just write your concerns off as more of your increasingly hysterical whining about "stuff" and the "EU" which is all it seems to be recently.

What should they be then?

And you think that cross channel and north sea prices are not going to be 20% more than normal this year? I've news for you - those spot prices are in Euros....

Roughy what they are in the USA and China. 10-15c per kWh.

No they are not which is why I'm asking. I've no intention of wasting my time asking you about each line of some document when you need to tell me.

If you cant be bothered to do that then I'll just write your concerns off as more of your increasingly hysterical whining about "stuff" and the "EU" which is all it seems to be recently.

20% renewables by 2020. 10% increase in efficiency. 10% biofuels for transport.

The competence has been transferred, so this is not the last directive there will be on the matter either.

20% renewables by 2020. 10% increase in efficiency. 10% biofuels for transport.

The competence has been transferred, so this is not the last directive there will be on the matter either.

Care to point out where in the document that part is?

---------- Post added 18-10-2016 at 12:21 ----------

No it's just gone back up a bit. The yield has partially recovered from the post-referendum drop.

So.......?