The consequence thread (Brexit)

Care to point out where in the document that part is?

Paragraph 9 for the 20% renewables mandate. It's all on the first page.

This is well known and nobody is disputing it.

You can google it in about 10 seconds. Or just read the first page of that document.

---------- Post added 18-10-2016 at 12:29 ----------

FFS you think that shows me the wholesale price?

Talk about cherry picking. :loopy:

I gave you domestic consumer prices for the US. You compared with UK wholesale prices. I'm not the one cherry picking.

EU agreed to the international action in renewables and carbon reduction, leaving it to member states to implement.

UK decided to go far beyond the requirements.

Renewables mandate is from the sovereign UK parliament, not EU.

EU renewable energy directive

It's all there in black and white.

The UK government has indeed committed to slightly higher renewables than required by EU law. This is something I of course object to. But there's a lot more to it than that and besides it's pointless to oppose the slightly higher than required UK renewables targets when the difference is so small.

EU renewable energy directive

It's all there in black and white.

The UK government has indeed committed to slightly higher renewables than required by EU law. This is something I of course object to. But there's a lot more to it than that and besides it's pointless to oppose the slightly higher than required UK renewables targets when the difference is so small.

It's rather an irrelevant sideshow anyway. Leaving the EU (whatever that means) isn't going to make much difference to energy policy.

Investing in renewable energy is a good thing.

We'll carry on playing catch-up with renewables. We'll carry on with the most expensive power plant producing the most expensive energy ever at Hinckley.

Investing in renewable energy is a good thing.

We'll carry on playing catch-up with renewables. We'll carry on with the most expensive power plant producing the most expensive energy ever at Hinckley.

You're absolutely entitled to that opinion.

I disagree. The facts are very much more supportive of my position but that's another discussion.

I would hope that we could at least agree that the matter of how the UK reaches it's CO2 reduction targets should be a matter for the UK government This is the point I was getting at several pages ago before people started trying to pick my case apart by questioning every little detail and ultimately failing to find a flaw.

---------- Post added 18-10-2016 at 12:52 ----------

Every time that I change suppliers, I save hundreds of pounds, they will be paying me to take the gas/electricity soon ;)

Just changed myself and saved a lot. There are some good deals out there if you avoid the big 6. But you'll still be paying a lot more than our American cousins.

It appears not everybody will be hard Brexiting after all. Cabinet considers plan to keep City's single market access by 'paying billions to EU' after Brexit

The Government is considering continuing paying some contributions to the EU in order to maintain "passporting rights" to allow City firms to continue trading across the continent, it has been claimed.

A report by the Financial Times suggests that Theresa May's Cabinet is discussing the move which would amount to a "softer" Brexit.

It comes after Mrs May reassured Japanese car maker Nissan on Friday that the trading conditions for its Sunderland car plant would remain unchanged post-Brexit, in a further sign that she will protect certain sectors from any impact from an EU departure.

So that's financial services and car manufacturers to get protection from Brexit. You can bet every other exporting industry is going to be arguing for similar special treatment. I wonder if we'll end up paying more to the EU than we do now.

I gave you domestic consumer prices for the US. You compared with UK wholesale prices. I'm not the one cherry picking.

I gave you the spot prices first. It even said spot prices in the reply you read and quoted. Then you bait and switch and cry foul after you decided to quote a different price in a different market and you make it my fault?

Chuff me you couldn't make this up. I used to have some respect for you but you've totally gone off the rails.