The consequence thread (Brexit)

That doesn`t give you the right to live and work (or even just visit) anywhere.

Your absolutely right, people as i said earlier have been, traveling, on holiday. working and living abroad pre EU. The only difference is you had to use a passport to prove who you are.

LOL! You actually believe that we'll remove the freedom of movement from people from other EU countries whilst keeping freedom of movement ourselves?!

what bit don't you understand we have always had the freedom of movement, it just that, counties had the right to say bog off to undesirables.

The EU provides free movement of Labour. It means that you can not just visit, but live and work. Presumably after Brexit, one will have to apply for a visa/permit to do so. So it will go from a right to which one is entitled, to a privilege for which one must demonstrate worthiness.

This is something we shall lose. I see little value in quibbling over it with the remainers.

The EU provides free movement of Labour. It means that you can not just visit, but live and work. Presumably after Brexit, one will have to apply for a visa/permit to do so. So it will go from a right to which one is entitled, to a privilege for which one must demonstrate worthiness.

This is something we shall lose. I see little value in quibbling over it with the remainers.

what is wrong with that if a country wishes your service or don't its their choice.

what is wrong with that if a country wishes your service or don't its their choice.

Oh nothing. I approve. One should require permits to work in another country. Perfectly reasonable. These permits should be issued by default in my view (in the absence of an impediment) but I doubt that will happen which is a shame.

Surely though you can see that it is nice, convenient if nothing else, to be able to work anywhere in the EU without all that junk. We shall lose this convenience. That deserves acknowledging.

Oh nothing. I approve. One should require permits to work in another country. Perfectly reasonable. These permits should be issued by default in my view (in the absence of an impediment) but I doubt that will happen which is a shame.

Surely though you can see that it is nice, convenient if nothing else, to be able to work anywhere in the EU without all that junk. We shall lose this convenience. That deserves acknowledging.

i worked in Holland in the 70's don't remember it being difficult or an impediment. Just had a residence stamp from the local town hall in my passport.