The consequence thread (Brexit)

i worked in Holland in the 70's don't remember it being difficult or an impediment. Just had a residence stamp from the local town hall in my passport.

Well perhaps it will remain a simple matter, at least for some, post-Brexit.

---------- Post added 19-10-2016 at 19:31 ----------

The thing that needs acknowledging more appropriately is that losing that comes with a break from the single market.

Yes, but then I never wanted the UK to remain in the EU internal market because of the large regulatory requirements and it seems that there is a consensus within the government along those lines.

Well perhaps it will remain a simple matter, at least for some, post-Brexit.

---------- Post added 19-10-2016 at 19:31 ----------

Yes, but then I never wanted the UK to remain in the EU internal market because of the large regulatory requirements and it seems that there is a consensus within the government along those lines.

Any particular regulations you want to bin?

The EU provides free movement of Labour. It means that you can not just visit, but live and work. Presumably after Brexit, one will have to apply for a visa/permit to do so. So it will go from a right to which one is entitled, to a privilege for which one must demonstrate worthiness.

This is something we shall lose. I see little value in quibbling over it with the remainers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37705852

Doesn't sound like it. Only the low skilled jobs will be protected from those "foreigners".

I have visions of a certain raido show and a large embarrassing silence at this point....

Sorry? I was off doing something else.

These is exactly where we were a couple of days ago. I highlighted energy policy and agricultural subsidies. We exchanged links and comments for a while with me trying to justify my dislike of EU energy policy. Do we need to go through it all again?