The consequence thread (Brexit)

Im glad we are out . If the EU was so good for us. why do we have long waiting times on NHS or cant get appointments at doctors or Schools Full . or firms shutting and going abroad ?? why is there so much pressure on the police or NHS staff ? or Housing ? for that matter Why are some in EU now thinking of leaving ??

Why cant we send those that have done us wrong in our country back to there own ?

answer simple EU not working !!

Ah yes, all the fault of the EU. How bitterly disappointed will you be when all these things still happen in a few years. Who are you going to vote against then?

Ah yes, all the fault of the EU. How bitterly disappointed will you be when all these things still happen in a few years. Who are you going to vote against then?

At least we'll be able to vote our leaders out, unlike the unelected EU dictators.

At least we'll be able to vote our leaders out, unlike the unelected EU dictators.

Will you? Where do you live? I've voted against Labour since I lived here. It only changed one local councillor, years ago. For the rest I've had a Labour MP or councillors forever.

Don't kid yourself.

Brexit was the the result of letting the nasty parties conduct the campaigns on both sides. It was shameful.

The other parties were either ignored or they didn't bother.

I worry about the Labour party, the disconnect with their traditional voters is now plain to see. I want to know why and how the 'right' gained so much ground in the 1930's in every country (and we all know how that ended).

IMO we have just taken a massive step towards that kind of society.

This was not a party political matter, or a left/right matter. I said that so many times on the other thread. The "far right" hasn't won anything.

---------- Post added 25-06-2016 at 08:06 ----------

Will you? Where do you live? I've voted against Labour since I lived here. It only changed one local councillor, years ago. For the rest I've had a Labour MP or councillors forever.

Don't kid yourself.

I don't get that at all. I've frequently voted for candidates who don't win. But I'm a voice in a choir and others may be singing a different tune. You must have the minority opinion in your area as to who the councillor should be.

What's the problem?

So 1 day later here is what we know about leaving the EU so far -

We might possibly gain some control over our borders but will likely still have free movement of labour with EU countries. People in the leave campaign are now denying it was ever about immigration.

We will get a trade deal with the EU that is worse than our current arrangements

We have given control of all our spending to the Government who historically focus on the south east

We will have at least 3-5 years of uncertainty when nobody can have any idea if any financial decisions they make are going to work out and multinational companies will be looking at anywhere but the UK for investments.

We have a massively increased chance of another recession and wide scale job losses and we have guaranteed job losses from the companies that are already planning their exit from the UK.

The leave campaign actually did a pretty good job of convincing the ordinary person that it was about stopping immigration and saving £350m a week. 1 day later and we already know that was complete nonsense. It's pretty clever that they have got their own way by tricking people into thinking it was a vote against the establishment when in reality it just gives more control to a different set of people who don't always have the interests of the ordinary person as their main priority.

It sort of feels like everybody lost except the small minority who actually knew what they were voting for and are understood the real consequences. :)

Edited by Cynic

So 1 day later here is what we know about leaving the EU so far -

We might possibly gain some control over our borders but will likely still have free movement of labour with EU countries. People in the leave campaign are now denying it was ever about immigration.

We will get a trade deal with the EU that is worse than our current arrangements

We have given control of all our spending to the Government who historically focus on the south east

We will have at least 3-5 years of uncertainty when nobody can have any idea if any financial decisions they make are going to work out and multinational companies will be looking at anywhere but the UK for investments.

We have a massively increased chance of another recession and wide scale job losses

The leave campaign actually did a pretty good job of convincing the ordinary person that it was about stopping immigration and saving £350m a week. 1 day later and we already know that was complete nonsense. It's pretty clever that they have got their own way by tricking people into thinking it was a vote against the establishment when in reality it just gives more control to a different set of people who don't always have the interests of the ordinary person as their main priority.

It sort of feels like everybody lost. :)

Good post,Gove says he doesn't want Camerons job,we're in the mire and he can't get us out of it.

A woman in Banbury says she voted out and we can get back to what we were!are wegoing to win the world cup again?is smallpox returning,can we re pollute our waters,will our scroungers benefits be cut?I doubt it.

at least it dealt a blow to the ttip deal :)

You do realise that it's the German and French officials who are pushing back on TTIP and not ours? Any UK-US trade deal is likely to be worse for us than TTIP would be because we have a government who are keener on the bad bits of TTIP and because we'll have less influence when negotiating.

I don't get that at all. I've frequently voted for candidates who don't win. But I'm a voice in a choir and others may be singing a different tune. You must have the minority opinion in your area as to who the councillor should be.

What's the problem?

This is what I responded to, the statement that 'at least we can vote our leaders out, unlike the unelected EU dictators'.

I'd like to see a Brit voting someone out, it isn't possible, it never has been. You vote someone in. You can't vote someone out. It is also a complete nonsense that the EU has unelected dictators.