The consequence thread (Brexit)

Lol, welcome to a brave new world order.

I read this before I went down to the shops for a loaf thinking I may need to take my rifle with me.

But guess what? People were going about their business and I bought my loaf without hinderence, well the traffic was a bit busy but let's not put that down to leaving the EU just yet.

I dare say next week I will go for my loaf again and there will be no change.

Just accept that in this democracy, I shall say it again, democracy, the majority of the people have spoken so let's just get on with it.

And for all you naysayers, if you know for certain what the future holds why are you not running the country?

It wasn't a landslide monkey104- so the new leader has to see this clearly that 48% did not want to exit EU.

The right thing to do would be to reassure everyone that UK will be stronger alone- after what is going to be a bumpy few months/year.

The new leader will need to unite both to make UK better/working together.

Exactly. Many of those who voted out are too young to remember the recession of the 80's. The £ has already fallen to the lowest level since 1985 - there are going to be some difficult times ahead of us.

The young voted strongly to remain, the elderly, who will be insulated from the effects and clocking off soon anyway voted strongly to leave.

Luckily for me got $2600 in the safe and not going back to USA until sept next year. Hopefully by then it will have stabilised for me to buy more, if not I was fully aware that I could take a hit on my holiday costs and was prepared to take that hit as a result of my vote.

I cannot believe Anna Soubry, this morning on BBC, saying 'this is down to white working class people who in the face of it have probably never even seen a migrant!'

Are these elected representatives really so out of touch with ordinary people?

Yes, they are. That is what the Remain camp failed in miserably.