How did the 2008 depression affect you?

At the time I was working part time due to a health condition, and before the depression I could manage financially on a part time wage. Because my wages were cut back quite significantly I then cut back on most, if not all of the things that I didn't need. In some respects wouldn't have happened had I not needed to. I never realised I could be so resourceful. So I suppose there was a silver lining in the cloud - though it wasn't nice at the time

But eventually I had to bite the bullet, change my job and work full time.

Unfortunately my health took a nose dive, and struggled for quite a while afterwards. Thankfully I'm back to full strength, and I'm happy to report that I'm still healthy and working full time.

I do feel badly for disabled people who are dependent on the Government for their income, Many of them have suffered grievously

It caused me a lot of anxiety for a few years. I went 5 years worrying over whether I would have a job and whether we would lose our home. Luckily it panned out ok for me in the end. Now in my work I help people who weren't so lucky, who were made to pay the price of the recession, and it makes me a bit depressed. I'm generally a lot less optimistic and a lot more risk averse than I was before. My mental health isn't what it used to be.

Is that because of the work that you do Bob? Working in the front line with people who are struggling financially or emotionally is tough.

Recessions thrive on pessimism; Just saying.

With all due respect

This is codswallop!

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 23:20 ----------

Or better! :)

The pound has nose-dived

Millions have been wiped off shares

The far right is gloating

How is this better dude? :suspect:

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 23:20 ----------

The pound has nose-dived

Millions have been wiped off shares

The far right is gloating

How is this better dude? :suspect:

The pound has recovered well, shares are overpriced and can drop any-time due to trading, and as I don't own any I don't care. The far right can gloat, as if it matters and I'm not a dude. :)

The pound has recovered well, shares are overpriced and can drop any-time due to trading, and as I don't own any I don't care. The far right can gloat, as if it matters and I'm not a dude. :)

It's 1.23 today

It was 1.51 yesterday

What is your definition of recovery?