Sheffield bumble bees dropping like flies?

In the last 2-3 weeks, I have seen half a dozen large fuzzy bumble bees dead upside down in the middle of roads, footpaths, parking lots, and our back garden. They are definitely not honeybees.

I don't remember ever seeing this before. Does this happen every year and I haven't been paying attention? Or is there a new bumble bee toxin or disease?

maybe theyre just exhausted rather than dead?

http://www.rspb.org.uk/news/details.aspx?id=tcm:9-224256

'E's not exhausted'! 'E's passed on! This bee is no more! He has ceased to bee! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-BEE!!

P.S. Good link to the RSP-bee site!

'E's not exhausted'! 'E's passed on! This bee is no more! He has ceased to bee! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-BEE!!

P.S. Good link to the RSP-bee site!

:hihi:

Bee hive yourself! :P