Post Brexit Racism.

I voted out :P

I am certainly not a racist or prejudice against anyone!

I'm all for seeing the likes of these morons punished x

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 15:31 ----------

Oh and calling us girls is patronising! But i think you already know that........

Haha, yes, I did know that, apologies.

The point is, and this is pretty tricky sociology stuff, that by not speaking out, explicitly, against this sort of behaviour as a society it gives these morons the feeling that they are speaking for the silent majority. It is the same phenomenon with football hooligans. Don't provide excuses by speculating about complot theories, condemn it to the core.

I voted out :P

I am certainly not a racist or prejudice against anyone!

I'm all for seeing the likes of these morons punished x

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 15:31 ----------

Oh and calling us girls is patronising! But i think you already know that........

But before we punish 'them' let's have an inquest into whether it's all media hype because knowing 'them' it probably is?

No wonder you get patronised....

Only a thought.

Could the racism being exhibited by a few, be being exploited in the media in a plot to confirm that 'All Brexiters are mindless racists' and thus undermine the vote?

Perhaps not a plot but the media do have a habit of "tarring everyone with the same brush", just ask football fans. I think it's deplorable that people who have been here years are being singled out by xenophobes just because they speak differently.

I think anyone found guilty of inciting this hatred should recieve a stiff prison term, by the same token the remain group who are slagging off the leave campaigners should be brought to book, it was a vote, someone had to win & lose.

Trouble is the victory for the Brexit lot seems to be a hollow one now, will all unsundry proposing aramageddon.

Haha, yes, I did know that, apologies.

The point is, and this is pretty tricky sociology stuff, that by not speaking out, explicitly, against this sort of behaviour as a society it gives these morons the feeling that they are speaking for the silent majority. It is the same phenomenon with football hooligans. Don't provide excuses by speculating about complot theories, condemn it to the core.

I agree Tim! but you cannot deny that the media is a powerful poison that does not help matters..

And just for your info, i didnt vote on the basis of immigration! My family is riddled with immigrants ;)

The saddest thing is, that kids aren't naturally bigoted, they are just repeating what their parents are saying at home. We should be raising our children to be accepting of difference. That is the only way we will change the future.

Sadly little England exists in rampant form, and now they have the mandate, it isn't just this puny thinking island though, fervent nationalism is on the rise..a nice thought though Isabelle. Buy shares in 'Raygams' big money earner. :hihi:

Excellent posts Cyclone btw.

Different era, same 'vermin' message really...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fe/90/85/fe908596a9051c633b32ef3fca88b05f.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/nintchdbpict000247463755.jpg?w=539

We've learned sweet frig all. :roll:

Its a bit of a disingenuous tactic by the remain campaigners to be honest and shame on them for sinking so low to try and justify their undemocratic stance on the vote.

I voted to leave the eu and feel no kinship for the guy on the tram shouting his mouth off or agree with his sentiment.

Neither do i feel that my vote to leave in someway legitimised his or anyone elses racist behaviour,to suggest that it did is frankly ridiculous, it would be like me claiming that everyone who voted remain is in part responsible for any crime commited by any legal or illegal immigrant in this country.

The point scoring needs to stop and we need to face these problems head on whilst getting on with sorting the process of leaving the eu as voted for democratically by the people of Great Britain.

The stalling is making us look like indecisive fools and in itself doing us very few favours globally.

We voted, we decided democatically, now lets get on with it and stop the posturing.

I agree Tim! but you cannot deny that the media is a powerful poison that does not help matters..

And just for your info, i didnt vote on the basis of immigration! My family is riddled with immigrants ;)

Which media? The Mail, circulation 2m, backed Brexit, reports racist incidents.

The Sun, The Express? Brexit papers again and report on the attacks.

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 15:45 ----------

Its a bit of a disingenuous tactic by the remain campaigners to be honest and shame on them for sinking so low to try and justify their undemocratic stance on the vote.

I voted to leave the eu and feel no kinship for the guy on the tram shouting his mouth off or agree with his sentiment.

Neither do i feel that my vote to leave in someway legitimised his or anyone elses racist behaviour,to suggest that it did is frankly ridiculous, it would be like me claiming that everyone who voted remain is in part responsible for any crime commited by any legal or illegal immigrant in this country.

The point scoring needs to stop and we need to face these problems head on whilst getting on with sorting the process of leaving the eu as voted for democratically by the people of Great Britain.

The stalling is making us look like indecisive fools and in itself doing us very few favours globally.

We voted, we decided democatically, now lets get on with it and stop the posturing.

Indecisive fools or a nation that will not be rushed because it's not in our national interests to rush such a momentous thing?

Perhaps not a plot but the media do have a habit of "tarring everyone with the same brush", just ask football fans. I think it's deplorable that people who have been here years are being singled out by xenophobes just because they speak differently.

I think anyone found guilty of inciting this hatred should recieve a stiff prison term, by the same token the remain group who are slagging off the leave campaigners should be brought to book, it was a vote, someone had to win & lose.

Trouble is the victory for the Brexit lot seems to be a hollow one now, will all unsundry proposing aramageddon.

The years they've been here is probably a coincidence..what isnt a coincidence is they're "foreign"...thats all the moron needs..foreign!..not how long resident.